• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

PSA Jan Class

CoATP

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Posts
476
Total Time
10k+
I've an offer with a Jan class indicated but no date as of yet. Anybody have any news?
 

PSAChiefPilots

Well-known member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Posts
272
Total Time
>1000
CoATP said:
I've an offer with a Jan class indicated but no date as of yet. Anybody have any news?

Rumor has it that their will be no new hires until the end of January or Early February. We offered Voluntary leaves for December and possibly going to do it for January...Lots of a/c scheduled for C checks during and afterward January so...Predicting needing new hires in class for late March arrival on line so if my math is correct..Early February!

Stay tuned here!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP
 

flighttime

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Posts
50
Total Time
6500
Thanks Chief. Haven't heard anything since the initial offer and was told sometime in January. With voluntary leaves I was pretty nervous about when the next class might be, but Feb. doesn't sound to bad!
 

Drill Sgt. Dad

Fugitive Recovery Agent
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Posts
291
Total Time
10000+
What would be the chances of a CLT base? I grew up there and would love to move back there. I miss the Queen City.
 

skydork

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2001
Posts
96
Total Time
screwd
So is DAY, running about 1 year now and with lines going down every month its getting longer.
 

Drill Sgt. Dad

Fugitive Recovery Agent
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Posts
291
Total Time
10000+
If I can ever move back to CLT, RSV won't bother me. At least I won't have to commute or get a crashpad.
 

EDUC8-or

These Nachos Are Good
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Posts
326
Total Time
>1
No classes until March. That's what the instructors were told. It also might take a while to get to Charlotte. Since we lost a lot of flying in Dayton people are jumping ship from Dayton to Charlotte. The way things are going I'm hoping I can get to Charlotte by March, so that would be 6 months in Dayton. That 's being optimistic. Lots of us on reserve in DAY aren't flying much either because there are 50 lines and 40 reserve FO's. Just find something to do in your spare time if you get a crashpad and bring your car to help pass time.
 

Lineup&wt

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Posts
53
Total Time
cnting
All the talk, should we wait for the call to say that class is cancelled or should we call HR to verify. Everyone is talking about the classes being cancelled or postponed but yet nobody has posted anything here that they recieved the call to verify it. Its seems that everyone in DEC class has there hands in the air not knowing what to expect. Any insight would help or any more inside talk would be appreciated. Have a good day.
M
 

UZAInstructor

Active member
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Posts
36
Total Time
1600
I interviewed just under 2 months ago and got the call for a class date about a month ago, original date Dec 5th. It's already been confirmed by HR that my class date is pushed back (as was the Nov 14th class). So, if you were given a Dec class date, now it's verified. Still up in the air from HR for a new class date however, and others that were hired with me have not heard anything either.
 

Tank

Active member
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Posts
41
Total Time
3200
I was supposed to be in the Nov 14th class. Received a call saying that is was pushed to DEC. and havent heard a thing since.
 

mamba20

Do what now?
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Posts
1,030
Total Time
000000
Get used to it guys, sorry to tell you but none of us have a clue what is going on with this airline. Management dosent like its people to be able to plan their lives. Rumors flying around like crazy: being sold off, more planes, losing planes, etc, etc, etc. I really dont pay attention to it anymore you'll go nuts and they are almost never true. On the same token things can just as easily change. I was supposed to be furloughed a year ago and before it took effect I was recalled and flew my a$$ off. Hang in there.
 

CRJDog

Supadawg!!!
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Posts
262
Total Time
2MUCH
mamba20 said:
Get used to it guys, sorry to tell you but none of us have a clue what is going on with this airline. Management dosent like its people to be able to plan their lives. Rumors flying around like crazy: being sold off, more planes, losing planes, etc, etc, etc. I really dont pay attention to it anymore you'll go nuts and they are almost never true. On the same token things can just as easily change. I was supposed to be furloughed a year ago and before it took effect I was recalled and flew my a$$ off. Hang in there.

What he said.
 

keydet96

Member
Joined
May 13, 2003
Posts
19
Total Time
1200+
Hey SP,
What's the latest on Knox Vegas. Should we be concerned over the lack of backfills for the folks going over to CLT?
Thanks!
 

B777

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Posts
48
Total Time
1000
PSAChiefPilots said:
Rumor has it that their will be no new hires until the end of January or Early February. We offered Voluntary leaves for December and possibly going to do it for January...Lots of a/c scheduled for C checks during and afterward January so...Predicting needing new hires in class for late March arrival on line so if my math is correct..Early February!

Stay tuned here!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I received an e-mail from PSA about about 2 month ago to send an app in, I did then, and shortly after I have a friend working at PSA recommend me. But never heard back from PSA. Is that because you stoped hiring or because I am not competitive, how can I find out?
 

PSAChiefPilots

Well-known member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Posts
272
Total Time
>1000
B777 said:
I received an e-mail from PSA about about 2 month ago to send an app in, I did then, and shortly after I have a friend working at PSA recommend me. But never heard back from PSA. Is that because you stoped hiring or because I am not competitive, how can I find out?

We have stopped hiring, each situation is different to getting called or not but have friend resubmit internal recommendation as soon as you hear we are hiring....Stay tuned here, it will be posted!

We have enough people as of right now to fill at least 2 classes and that's losing half the people we have in the pool by then, and we will lose at least half. I'm realistic!

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I did get another LOR (letter of Rec.) last week and it's still on my desk awaiting hiring. If you are "Buddy" I got it!
 

flighttime

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Posts
50
Total Time
6500
So best guess on the next class is late January or early Feb. If you have enough poolies for two classes, any guess when the 2nd one would be?
 

nethan

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Posts
305
Total Time
Enough
flighttime said:
So best guess on the next class is late January or early Feb. If you have enough poolies for two classes, any guess when the 2nd one would be?

I think the best answer you are going to get is "some time after the first one". You know, that's probably going to be true. Wow, something you can count on at this company!
 
Top