Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
eaglehaslanded said:
Bluestreakers:
take a look at pilot employee handbook (blue cover) sec 5 standards of conduct and i.t. policy sec 7, 8, 9.

Take care

I gave up, Good Luck...This type of stuff needs to be contained in House (ie. the Local 61 site)

The Love gun quote only mentioned Dispatch and someone goes over the edge...Get a Local Password and have at it...Best not to do it on a Public Forum!

If you work at PSA get in contact w/ local 61 chair.

Later,
PSACPSP

EDUC8-or said:
I blame everything on dispatch and crew scheduling. Everything! I just got a $250 natural gas bill and I'm going to call in sick for my next 3 trips and when I do come back I'm sending nasty messages to dispatch via ACARS every 5 minutes. It's all your fault!

Those messages to Dispatch every five minutes will quickly out weigh your $250 dollar natural gas bill.
lol

PSACPSP

No there dosent need to be this much drama at all. I'd say that it would be cut in half if our contract was actually honored.

So whats the bottom line? i started this post to see if i actually wanted to work for psa. sounds like its almost like piedmont i used to work there. anyways can we get back to what i wanted to find out.
Should i interview of not?

mamba20 said:
No there dosent need to be this much drama at all. I'd say that it would be cut in half if our contract was actually honored.

That’s understandable…

atr42flyer,

So what's the bottom line?

No matter where you go or what company you fly for… there’s always going to be something to bash about. It all comes down to what YOU make of it.

There are guys here that have been with the company for 20 + years: making over $100,000 a year (considering overtime guarantee), getting four week paid vacation, has a nice house, car, and has raised a healthy family during the whole time. Granted he’s within the top 5 sonority of the company out of 500 something pilots. He basically a big fish in a little pond and that what he enjoys. On the flip side I’m living off can soup.

I would consider PSA to be one of the better regionals out there. Go for the interview. If anything you’ll learn more about the company while going threw the process and make a better decision (your there to interview them as well). If everything goes well and you get the phone call. Where not going to say, “Mr…you have to come to this training date or else”. For me anyway… it was more like, “PSA would like to have you on board and offer you a training date, what do you think?”

Keep in mind though; the interviewers see it as you showing interest for their company.
I made that mistake with American Eagle. It was going to be my first airline interview and I just wanted the experience. Had a great inside reference that got me an interview. But the whole time I really didn’t want to work for them and would turn down the job if they offered it to me. So I called it off.

That’s just my $.02.

Good luck man, vbmenu_register("postmenu_864897", true);

"I would consider PSA to be one of the better regionals out there.
"

Can you elaborate?
i am interested in applying, but when I look at the payscale, its a little less than expressjet, air wisconsin, asa or skywest.
i understand one should not only judge the value of a company on the payscale, but I dont know much about the rest. anybody?

is awac a threat to psa? is there the chance that the 2 might become one? with the development of the 170 and 190 also bombardiers(sp) c class aircraft i see the end of the 50 seat rj would psa be a safer bet than awac because they only have 50seat aircraft?

Latest resources

Back