PSA good and bad please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ABC123 said:
NOT ONE CREWMEMBER HAS ANY IDEA OF WHAT DISPATCH's PURPOSE IS, NOR DOES THE PSA TRAINING DEPARTMENT INSTILL IN YOUR HEAD WHAT OUR PURPOSE IS. I suggest you read FAR 121.533, for your enjoyment.

And as for you ABC123, if you have a problem with the training department, then call. The number is ext 3468. The door is always open.

qualities

I was just asking what type of qualities PSA looks for in the interview process. Just curious what the company looks for in case I get an interview.

dicksonk1821 said:
I was just asking what type of qualities PSA looks for in the interview process. Just curious what the company looks for in case I get an interview.

Mostly they look for canidates who are breathing. Really... just be your self. If you go in trying to fit some preconceive image you are only asking for trouble.

ABC123 said:
As a pilot, you isolate yourself, and not you being isolated, because you are surrounded by idiots with a attitude. It is due to the fact, that not one PSA crewmember consults with dispatch, like they should. I have witnessed crew members calling crew scheduling and asking them questions that only dispatch could answer. And yes, I take it as an insult that you stated you are surrounded by idiots. How many times have we witnessed in this office, all you smart pilots, who are apparently illiterate, because you can not read your releases, by either not calling dispatch as asked on the release for a weather briefing, or better yet, getting on the wrong aircraft, why because you do not read your releases. Like to be around when a Fed is doing a line check, and this happens, and it will, and who will be calling who an idiot then.

Yes, I am upset, and rightfully so. Because we are a vital part of this operation, and yet we are the most overlooked. If you knew your FAR's, you would know, that the pilot and the dispatcher are suppose to work as a team. And I do not appreciate being refferred to as a "idiot with an attitude".

I personally invite you anytime to come sit with a dispatcher, for an entire shift, and see what we actually do for you, and what we have to put up with, from your group. Please anytime, come in, sit, and observe, ask questions. Crew scheduling is not the only part of this company that is vital to you and the rest of the pilots, but yet, when you guys are in here, you never speak to the dispatchers, only scheduling.

So come on in prove me wrong.

Other than that PSA is a Great Company to work for, if certain employees knew the whole story, and just not what they want to believe

ABC123,
I sent you a PM.
PSACPSP

nethan said:
Mostly they look for canidates who are breathing. Really... .

Nethan,
If you work here you are saying something about yourself and if you were not hired, were you breathing...Inquiring minds want to know.
PSACPSP

Question for ABC

ABC,

Dispatch routinely withholds flight paperwork from captains because a crew scheduler needs someone in his crew to call them. Why would any professional dispatcher, deserving respect, be influenced in this way? Is the dispatch department now a subsidiary of crew scheduling?

It hasn't happened to me yet....and as far as I am concerned, if the paperwork doesn't get to me, it's a dispatch delay, or even worse, a cancellation.

PSAChiefPilots said:
Nethan,
If you work here you are saying something about yourself and if you were not hired, were you breathing...Inquiring minds want to know.
PSACPSP
No, I'm here. And I was mostly holding my breath when I did interview, so I guess I wasn't really breathing, so I proved myself wrong. There was supposed to be a little smiley face attached to that first post, but I for some reason they never show up in the actual post. I like it here. It's good. People are nice.... see? The brainwashing is working! (should be another smiley here!)

Latest resources

Back