Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PropPiedmont said:
JetFO,

Just remember one thing...........No matter how hard you try, you will never be as fuel efficient as we are.

Can't argue with that one ;-)

Especially with those cool new Q400's that I hope you guys are going to get!

"Now there is a good idea! Introduce a new and totally different aircraft to Piedmont, then start a training program and a maintenance program from scratch, retrain 250-500 pilots. Yeah, that's a good plan!"

Yeah! Like PSA did in 1995 when they got rid of the entire Jetstream 31 fleet and replaced them with Dornier 328s...

... and like PSA did (again) in 2003 when they got rid of all of those Dornier 328s and replaced them with CRJs.

The 90 seater is a DC9/F28/F100 replacement-jet. It needs to be flown by mainline and by the furloughed pilots whose jobs it has replaced.

I agree that your facts are acurate. However, why is there no momentum to follow AWAC's lead. Have we all been brainwashed to just continue substandard wages. A pilot group has finally drawn the line. Alone, they will fail. Yeah maybe you won't get the expansion flying, is that the end of the world? We didn't, and look we are still upgrading. People are moving on to mainline carriers. You may never get to a major. And frankly with the new work rules and wages moving on is not nearly as atractive as it once was. There is no reason if we all follow the high road we will not all gain. For the love of god, there has never been more people flying in this contry. We do not need to fund our company's growth. I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Just don't scoff this decision off as we can't make a difference.

DD

PropPiedmont said:
I say give PDT the-900s and we'll fly them for Dash 8-300 payrates. Let's see........7 YR CA $57.70 per hour.

Beat that PSA.

Don't tempt them. :rolleyes:

Is the Air Whisky pilot the group truly the only ones left with balls and a sense of self-respect? This is just sad.

jetfo said:

PSA currently pays a blended rate for the CRJ200/700 that is as follows:

5 year capt $68.44/ 10 year capt $78.94/ 15 year capt $89.24

Im confused, according to A.P.C PSAs 5yr 700 CA rate is $66hr and the 200 rate is $62 hr. PSA has about a 2/1 ratio of 200s to 700s right? So how is your blended 200/700 rate HIGHER then you solo 700 rate? -Bean

OPECJet said:
Want to make a wager that we PDT guys are on the street within 4 yrs?

Nice to see potential growth for ya'll, but dang.......

I'll take that bet as well, what's the odds? Heck. I'll give you the odds, but you guys aren't going anywhere...catch me in the Terminal since I'm to scared to fly with JC anymore. Where is he anyway???
PSACPSP

BenderGonzales said:
"Now there is a good idea! Introduce a new and totally different aircraft to Piedmont, then start a training program and a maintenance program from scratch, retrain 250-500 pilots. Yeah, that's a good plan!"

Yeah! Like PSA did in 1995 when they got rid of the entire Jetstream 31 fleet and replaced them with Dornier 328s...

... and like PSA did (again) in 2003 when they got rid of all of those Dornier 328s and replaced them with CRJs.

The 90 seater is a DC9/F28/F100 replacement-jet. It needs to be flown by mainline and by the furloughed pilots whose jobs it has replaced.

I get annoyed when an entire post is quoted, but Bender- that was awesome. Thanks!

Beantown said:
Im confused, according to A.P.C PSAs 5yr 700 CA rate is $66hr and the 200 rate is $62 hr. PSA has about a 2/1 ratio of 200s to 700s right? So how is your blended 200/700 rate HIGHER then you solo 700 rate? -Bean

APC rates are slightly behind. The rates quoted are the 06 rates effective 1/1/06 on the 200 and 10/1/06 on the 700.

Beantown said:

In fact the 5 year capt rate is actually a little more $68.58 beginning 10/1/06.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back