• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA CRJ900 News/More Imaginary Scabs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think everyone at PDT would agree with you.

Do you really think Tempe would spring for more 900s, then buy Q400s on top of it? I doubt it.

jetfo said:
First of all, stand up to management like Air Wisconsin did and demand an RJ85 payscale to fly the CRJ900. But, that didn't work since they are not getting any CRJ900s, or any other expansion since they made that move.

God forbid a pilot group actually stand up and demand to be paid inline with an aircraft's size, passenger load & revenue potential.
I've got a few friends at PSA and I am glad these airplanes could lead to growth, but this is a very difficult decision (maybe not?) for your pilot group.

One thing I keep thinking of, however, is how Doug Parker recently said US Airways has far too many 50 seat regional jets. Given this, I simply don't see why PSA (or any other US Airways express carrier) would get growth 90s and not get rid of 50s in the process.

Food for thought...

OPECJet said:
Want to make a wager that we PDT guys are on the street within 4 yrs?

Nice to see potential growth for ya'll, but dang.......

Piedmont should fly these additional 900 flying.

BoilerUP said:

God forbid a pilot group actually stand up and demand to be paid inline with an aircraft's size, passenger load & revenue potential.
I've got a few friends at PSA and I am glad these airplanes could lead to growth, but this is a very difficult decision (maybe not?) for your pilot group.

One thing I keep thinking of, however, is how Doug Parker recently said US Airways has far too many 50 seat regional jets. Given this, I simply don't see why PSA (or any other US Airways express carrier) would get growth 90s and not get rid of 50s in the process.

Food for thought...

Actually a good point, one of the transition plans for PSA was to go to an all 700/900 fleet, maybe this is the catalyst.
I don't disagree with you regarding the pay issue, just the reality of the current marketplace.
I believe in an eventual return to brand scope and a national ALPA rate for the number of seats flown, but ALPA has to be the driving force for that.

I'm not sure we'd take the 90 seaters. I wouldn't want them anyhow. Give us Q400s and let us go do what we do best. (Also give us our CLT base back).....

I say give PDT the-900s and we'll fly them for Dash 8-300 payrates. Let's see........7 YR CA $57.70 per hour.

Beat that PSA.

PropPiedmont said:
I say give PDT the-900s and we'll fly them for Dash 8-300 payrates. Let's see........7 YR CA $57.70 per hour.

Beat that PSA.

Now there is a good idea! Introduce a new and totally different aircraft to Piedmont, then start a training program and a maintenance program from scratch, retrain 250-500 pilots. Yeah, that's a good plan!
And, with the super senior pilot group over there, some with 30 plus years seniority, the labor costs would probably be higher even at Dash-8 rates.

JetFO,

Just remember one thing...........No matter how hard you try, you will never be as fuel efficient as we are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back