PSA CRJ900 News/More Imaginary Scabs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello jetfo,
Well said. You give me hope for the pilot group at large. Too many are guided by anger and ignorance. I can't believe the amount of misinformation that can be poured out and then absorbed by the masses. Some pilots here would make very good communists. But I salute you and your view. Must be nice to sit in a cockpit with you on a long leg.

Some pilots here would make very good communists.

Do you even know what a communist is?

EXJET,
yes I know exactly what a communist is. He relies on the state or others for leadership and wealth. A communist preys and survives on others ignorance. That you would ask speaks volumes. Shake someone elses tree,this pilot is well lands on good ground.

Well now that you explained Walmart, how does it pertains to us? Capitalism can be very evil as well, Airlines are doing a good job of exploiting its labor groups. The groups that have benefited from this are the upper management and the consumers. It's time that some of the wealth is shared.
On a side note did you know that Marxist said that the purest form of communism would come in the form of Capitalism. Each day with this OIL motivated government we are closer and closer to it. I can just imagine who you voted for.....Talk about the ignorance of others!

LowlyPropCapt said:
Mamba, You either weren't around when all this went down or you have taken revisionist history to new hieghts.

Do you remember how the three WO MEC's were going to hold the line together? Heck, we even printed flight bag stickers!

PDT and ALG stayed strong and agreed to essentially equivalent rates. As a matter of fact, PDT was THE FIRST WO to reach an agreement. If you were here at the time, you will remember that U group management said that the first airline to reach an agreement would get the jets.

PSA's MEC then came in with a lowball offer. The rest is history. Not "revised and updated" history, but what ACTUALLY happend.
I have to agree with you, what happened sucked. Why do you think that PSA MEC is not in office anymore. Since then the Negotiating Committee was changed also. I'm not at PSA anymore so I don't really care, but I hate to see such animosity between the pilot groups, all the ALPA groups should be working together - the current situation is miserable.
Remember, when you are spouting off at the PSA pilots, most of the guys there now were not around at the time. Many are furloughed US air guys and lots of the FO's have been hired since that time. They are just guys like yourself who went to work for the first regional that came along to get them out of flight instructing for some miserable flight school.

PropPiedmont said:
JetFO,

Just remember one thing...........No matter how hard you try, you will never be as fuel efficient as we are.
Yeah but at least we don't break a sweat when we work and we fly above the clouds. :)

Well we sweat a little.

Weasil said:
I have to agree with you, what happened sucked. Why do you think that PSA MEC is not in office anymore. Since then the Negotiating Committee was changed also. I'm not at PSA anymore so I don't really care, but I hate to see such animosity between the pilot groups, all the ALPA groups should be working together - the current situation is miserable.
Remember, when you are spouting off at the PSA pilots, most of the guys there now were not around at the time. Many are furloughed US air guys and lots of the FO's have been hired since that time. They are just guys like yourself who went to work for the first regional that came along to get them out of flight instructing for some miserable flight school.

Well there are a few exceptions Weasil. :)

Weasil said:

Thanks for agreeing. I am not "spouting off" at anybody... Being hired after that whole foolishness went down is no reason to be ignorant of the truth, especially when a probably junior FO tells Piedmont pilots to "suck a fat one."
Those pretty jets were earned by following the age old airline pilot mantra of "I've got mine, F*ck you."

As it turns out, the biggest mistake made was probably trying to get all three WO's to stand united on a single issue. Those RJ's were just too darn attractive. We got fooled by management into fighting each other, and I think we all pretty much lost when it comes down to it.

B190Captain said:
Well there are a few exceptions Weasil. :)

yeah, there's also the dudes who came from gulfstream trading in their captain's job in a 1900 for a shiny new jet and a quick upgrade... hehe. ;-)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back