• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

psa 90 seaters again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thats a good point. on the psa website they always print all the on time perf. stats and all the sh!t. whats the motivation to be on time? its sure as hell doesnt matter to doogie pecker. "you guys have great on time performance, your reward are some 90 seaters i will give you to fly for rates that would make your airline bigger whores than gojerk airlines"

I find my inspiration from the DRS where it says "Keep up the great work." That's the wind beneath my wings. I take the day old DRS's and tear that off and carry it around in my pilot shirts close to my heart. Days like today when I'm sitting on the couch at home with a t-shirt I use tape to adhere them on my chest. I wish PSA would make me work every day of the month because it hurts my chest hairs when I rip the tape off.

Last edited:
7 days in your own bed? That's being optimistic...I spent 5 in my own bed (errr ahh airmattress that is ) last month.

At least we aren't being asked to sleep on a plywood board yet...give it time.

Black and White...Blue background

b. Illness.
1. Even a minor illness suffered in day-to-day living can seriously degrade performance of many piloting tasks vital to safe flight. Illness can produce fever and distracting symptoms that can impair judgment, memory, alertness, and the ability to make calculations. Although symptoms from an illness may be under adequate control with a medication, the medication itself may decrease pilot performance.
2. The safest rule is not to fly while suffering from any illness. If this rule is considered too stringent for a particular illness, the pilot should contact an Aviation Medical Examiner for advice.
c. Medication.
1. Pilot performance can be seriously degraded by both prescribed and over-the-counter medications, as well as by the medical conditions for which they are taken. Many medications, such as tranquilizers, sedatives, strong pain relievers, and cough-suppressant preparations, have primary effects that may impair judgment, memory, alertness, coordination, vision, and the ability to make calculations. Others, such as antihistamines, blood pressure drugs, muscle relaxants, and agents to control diarrhea and motion sickness, have side effects that may impair the same critical functions. Any medication that depresses the nervous system, such as a sedative, tranquilizer or antihistamine, can make a pilot much more susceptible to hypoxia.
2. The CFRs prohibit pilots from performing crewmember duties while using any medication that affects the faculties in any way contrary to safety. The safest rule is not to fly as a crewmember while taking any medication, unless approved to do so by the FAA.
d. Alcohol.
1. Extensive research has provided a number of facts about the hazards of alcohol consumption and flying. As little as one ounce of liquor, one bottle of beer or four ounces of wine can impair flying skills, with the alcohol consumed in these drinks being detectable in the breath and blood for at least 3 hours. Even after the body completely destroys a moderate amount of alcohol, a pilot can still be severely impaired for many hours by hangover. There is simply no way of increasing the destruction of alcohol or alleviating a hangover. Alcohol also renders a pilot much more susceptible to disorientation and hypoxia.
2. A consistently high alcohol related fatal aircraft accident rate serves to emphasize that alcohol and flying are a potentially lethal combination. The CFRs prohibit pilots from performing crewmember duties within 8 hours after drinking any alcoholic beverage or while under the influence of alcohol. However, due to the slow destruction of alcohol, a pilot may still be under influence 8 hours after drinking a moderate amount of alcohol. Therefore, an excellent rule is to allow at least 12 to 24 hours between "bottle and throttle," depending on the amount of alcoholic beverage consumed.
e. Fatigue.
1. Fatigue continues to be one of the most treacherous hazards to flight safety, as it may not be apparent to a pilot until serious errors are made. Fatigue is best described as either acute (short-term) or chronic (long-term).
2. A normal occurrence of everyday living, acute fatigue is the tiredness felt after long periods of physical and mental strain, including strenuous muscular effort, immobility, heavy mental workload, strong emotional pressure, monotony, and lack of sleep. Consequently, coordination and alertness, so vital to safe pilot performance, can be reduced. Acute fatigue is prevented by adequate rest and sleep, as well as by regular exercise and proper nutrition.
3. Chronic fatigue occurs when there is not enough time for full recovery between episodes of acute fatigue. Performance continues to fall off, and judgment becomes impaired so that unwarranted risks may be taken. Recovery from chronic fatigue requires a prolonged period of rest.
f. Stress.
1. Stress from the pressures of everyday living can impair pilot performance, often in very subtle ways. Difficulties, particularly at work, can occupy thought processes enough to markedly decrease alertness. Distraction can so interfere with judgment that unwarranted risks are taken, such as flying into deteriorating weather conditions to keep on schedule. Stress and fatigue (see above) can be an extremely hazardous combination.
2. Most pilots do not leave stress "on the ground." Therefore, when more than usual difficulties are being experienced, a pilot should consider delaying flight until these difficulties are satisfactorily resolved.
g. Emotion.
Certain emotionally upsetting events, including a serious argument, death of a family member, separation or divorce, loss of job, and financial catastrophe, can render a pilot unable to fly an aircraft safely. The emotions of anger, depression, and anxiety from such events not only decrease alertness but also may lead to taking risks that border on self-destruction. Any pilot who experiences an emotionally upsetting event should not fly until satisfactorily recovered from it.
h. Personal Checklist. Aircraft accident statistics show that pilots should be conducting preflight checklists on themselves as well as their aircraft for pilot impairment contributes to many more accidents than failures of aircraft systems. A personal checklist, which includes all of the categories of pilot impairment as discussed in this section, that can be easily committed to memory is being distributed by the FAA in the form of a wallet-sized card.
i. PERSONAL CHECKLIST. I'm physically and mentally safe to fly; not being impaired by:
Illness
Medication
Stress
Alcohol
Fatigue
Emotion

Please print out and place in crew room!

I have to agree wtih WSurf .... DDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzz NUTA !!!!!
DP is looking out for one thing and one thing only. Has anyone been in CLT lately? Did you happen to see a -319 painted in Philly Eagles colors? How much did that cost? Why not put that money toward the people who gave up so much or hell go purchase Crew Track for PSA and PDT.

Shall I go on?

Peace

Did you happen to see a -319 painted in Philly Eagles colors? How much did that cost? Why not put that money toward the people who gave up so much

Just FYI on the Eagles plane... The Eagles paid for that plane to be painted, not US Airways.

they have a 319 painted in eagles colors? what a waste of f-cking money.
they could have picked a team that doesnt blow at least.

Just FYI on the Eagles plane... The Eagles paid for that plane to be painted, not US Airways.

For your information, we did pay for that plane to be painted!! Even if the Eagles fronted the money, we still had to pay to be the offical Airline of the Eagles...

And on top of that.... it won't even carry the team!!! Northwest Airlines has the contract to carrier the Eagles!!!! Too Funny!!!
Plus, have you every seen a professional football team on a little A-319?

For your information, we did pay for that plane to be painted!! Even if the Eagles fronted the money, we still had to pay to be the offical Airline of the Eagles...

And on top of that.... it won't even carry the team!!! Northwest Airlines has the contract to carrier the Eagles!!!! Too Funny!!!
Plus, have you every seen a professional football team on a little A-319?

Yeah, no doubt. Needs to be at least a 757 or 321.

Latest resources

Back