• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proud to be Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
K it's one thing to be in uniform while shopping, but how about the guys I saw at a night club in uniform. These guys were hilarious. Shirts half way buttoned down with the epaulets (please excuse my spelling) still on. Yes, lots of women love a guy in uniform, but that's going a little too far...

N813CA said:
Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

That was a dumb thing to say. Stop, you are embarrassing me.

I had a dream last night that I was out riding my dirtbike all over, and people were pointing and laughing at me. Then some punk comes up and asks if I'm ready for takeoff. I look down and I'm wearing my uniform jacket. WTF does that mean?

Lay off the pretzels for a while, quit drinking the coffee from the back, do a Jepp revision and you should be ok. Technically though, you may be officially dreaming about flying at this point.... very scary!!!

Fly

Captain Overs said:
These are the same dorks that wear hats during the summer without their jackets, when they are not required of course.

I hate wearing my hat, but rules are rules. The Big Brown Gods say we have to wear them all times of the year, with or without the coat. When I have to commercial either to or from a trip, I usually dress in business casual. That way I can ditch the hat.

N813CA said:
Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

WHAAAA??? Are you on the clock at the grocery store? Besides, who would be dorky enough to turn you in on that one. I bet the Ops manual means that you have to wear the Full Uniform when ON Duty. If not, Then it's just another dorky rule that needs to be broken.

blzr said:
WHAAAA??? Are you on the clock at the grocery store? Besides, who would be dorky enough to turn you in on that one. I bet the Ops manual means that you have to wear the Full Uniform when ON Duty. If not, Then it's just another dorky rule that needs to be broken.

Blzr,

no, it appears as though technically we are suppose to wear the hat while "in public view" (including the grocery store).

Personally I don't see the big deal grabbing something in the grocery store (or any store) in uniform but the hat is a little over-the-top. Oh, I'll amend that by saying anytime you are going to or coming from the airport, not on a day off.

The following is not directed at Blzr.

One additional comment I may make. I would much rather be that "dork" than one who is childish and immature enough to call people names like that.

This forum is an embarrassment. I have never seen so many "professionals" calling others "dork," "tool," or whatever you're about to call me. It's shameful, embarrassing, and disturbing.

Why not grow up and end the high-school mentality. God forbid the media ever finds out about this forum.

Ward

bvt1151 said:
You are not allowed to be in public in partial uniform at Comair. Hat is part of the required uniform. You may, however take your wings, nametags and epilets off, and not wear the hat.

I think what we're hearing is that the small group of "show offs" interpret to their advantage what the manual says (you must be in full uniform in view of the public) as an excuse to put on the hat and go grocery shopping on their way home from the airport. So basically if they get caught (like the guy in the mall from one of the previous posts) they'll have an excuse as to what they're doing in full uniform.

IMHO, the way this rule is intended to be interpreted is that you shall be in full uniform while you're in the public view at the airport, around the aircraft, on the van to and from the airport and at the hotel. The company is not intending for you to stop at the mall or the grocery store on the way home, so for all the dorks out there who want the whole world to know they're a pilot, wearing the hat in the grocery store is dorky.
I admit, I've had to stop on the way home maybe for gas or a gallon of milk, but it takes all of 35 seconds to pull off your tie, shoulder boards, nametag and take the hat off. Basically, you'll look like a regular business person with a white shirt and slacks. That way, nobody know's what you do for a living, you're not violating company rules but mainly you don't look like a showoff.

One thing that I find funny are those pilots who constantly complain about how constricting the tie is and how silly the hat looks, and they're always searching for new ways to get away with not wearing them. But those same pilots are the first one's to sinch that tie up and put the hat low on their brow and go grocery shopping.

Last edited:
I shed my monkey suit the other day in the employee parking lot after a four day, didn't notice the lady sitting in her car behind mine and I'm dropping the pant's off behind the car door.

I really felt like a dork after that. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back