• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proud to be Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oops...I drop "trou" and shirt in the employee lot all the time. Guess I better check the cars around me and make sure they are empty.

But seriously, I just keep a polo shirt in the car so if I need to run into the store I can do it without looking like a penguin. Is it really that hard to plan ahead?!?

How long is your drive home? Can you really not tolerate wearing your uniform pants for another few minutes and change at home? Or are you just trying to minimize wrinkles and maximize time between dry cleanings? No flame, just wondering why someone would remove their pants in a parking lot.

Josh M.

One thing that I find funny are those pilots who constantly complain about how constricting the tie is and how silly the hat looks, and they're always searching for new ways to get away with not wearing them.

Totally. I quit taking my hat on trips after about a year. I fugured if the MEC yahoo's asked me where my hat was I could tell them 10% less pay, 10% less uniform. Nobody asked where the hat was, and nobody cared.

I left it in my car so I could wear it to Wal-Mart to buy beer in full uniform.

CandlerWun said:
How long is your drive home? Can you really not tolerate wearing your uniform pants for another few minutes and change at home? Or are you just trying to minimize wrinkles and maximize time between dry cleanings? No flame, just wondering why someone would remove their pants in a parking lot.

Josh M.

Honest question, was on my way to meet up with some buddy's for a few beers no where near my crashpad. Figuared I should change or it might look weird to the bar fly's, especially with the hat on.

Well there's another half hour of my life I'll never get back....
Let me pose a question: SO WHAT? So he wore his uniform to the store, big frickity dickity deal!
You guys are giggling at him like little junior-high girls laughing over someones shoes.
I guess this is what happens when children get to play with jets.

acaTerry said:
Well there's another half hour of my life I'll never get back....
Let me pose a question: SO WHAT? So he wore his uniform to the store, big frickity dickity deal!
You guys are giggling at him like little junior-high girls laughing over someones shoes.
I guess this is what happens when children get to play with jets.
Hahaha...maybe what the jist of the story was, he was wearing his uniform in the store on the way to his part time job as the produce manager. Which wouldn't be too funny...cause. Well, cause he'd be produce managing.

When driving to/from the airport with the uniform on (not wearing hat though) I get a kick outa other drivers who slow as they begin to pass me in the left lane. They must think I'm the law until they figure out that, hell, he's speeding to, and a cop on duty wouldn't drive a POS car like that! Only a poor FO would!

FN FAL said:
Hahaha...maybe what the jist of the story was, he was wearing his uniform in the store on the way to his part time job as the produce manager. Which wouldn't be too funny...cause. Well, cause he'd be produce managing.

This may be the actual truth behind the story!

N813CA said:
Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

I'm sorry. I appoligize for the moron who wore his hat in the local Kroger. I've been here for 20 years and have to hang my head in shame! What a tool. Geez, it's not like Jack is lurking around aisle 12. Maybe by the Geritol!

N813CA said:
Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

The chief pilots have a hard enough time getting people to wear the friggin' hat while on duty at the airport...I doubt they give a rat's ass that you aren't wearing it while tooling around Kroger.

(Oh, look...there's Jack hiding behind the lettuce, where's my hat? **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**...busted)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back