• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed List of 100 Netjets Crew Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know one thing, if the company doesn't open up more basing options soon, then I'll be looking to walk. As I'm sure alot of other jr guys will be. NJI goes out of home, and the company can impose basing at will for the NJI guys. That tells me there is NO benefit to the current 5 base system.

YES.

I am ready to drop the Single Carrier to keep my schedule and HBA's

Are you $%*%ing kidding me. You have lost all credibility. Or maybe I missed something. Tell me I missed something. Did I miss something? Or are you being a *************************?
Selling out already.
I must have missed something.

If not you are not much of a "fyter".

From my perspective: Jumping from 5 domiciles to 100 bases is a lot of forward progress. True, the company could open more, but as they haven't it seems we should stop holding out hope that they will. At best all they have to do is match the other fracs if hiring is a problem. I'd like NJ pilots to have 100 choices, not just 20 or so.

I'm all for more scheduling options for our families. For some 7 days is too long to be gone. It seems reasonable that they can work out the bugs enough to get a deal to pass. No one should be surprised the company wants to fix areas of the contract they don't like. The good news is that NJ pilots get to negotiate and then to vote.

The company has to know that the pre-rat crowd won't be thrilled w/100 bases compared to the HBA system, and that many resist change when they're happy with what they have....soooo....that only leaves a pay raise to persuade the no-voters. I think they'll make the deal too tempting to refuse. The company has the money to do that. Management has seen the re$ult$ of having a motivated pilot force. It's illogical to think that they wouldn't want that to continue. So it stands to reason their offer will be designed to ensure that motivation remains high.

I am hopeful that the problems can be addressed at the table; they're certainly putting in long enough hours. Perhaps we're not hearing from the silent majority? Maybe some of you are understandably short on optimism when negotiations take place? I, personally, don't see why they can't work out a deal that will please the majority of the NJ pilots. The 2005 CBA tells me that they should know how to do that.

Best Regards,
Netjetwife

Dorkjet,
Not sure what exactly you're taking issue with in that post. If you'll put the bottle down and scroll up to my previous post you will see I stated I haven't made up my mind yet.

Just to bolster my position even more (as if I have too :( ) my HBA made the list of 100, so unless they throw some scratch at me, the basing in the short term doesn't affect me. I'm looking long term at this though, and I see the potential for abuse.

I want to relieve pressure on the post/rat bro's as much as anyone as I was a 4+ hour commuter when I was hired. This may be one of those scenarios of we suck it up now for a better deal later.

This is the opinion of someone who has been in this business for many years....39 as an airline pilot and 2 at NetJets.

I've seen this happen time after time over the years. There is always a small group that make a lot of noise and tell anyone that will listen that they are going to vote "NO".

But there is a huge silent majority of rational people out there that will look at what is put before them and make their decision on the whole package.....not some pet peave issue that has their panties in a knot.

From what I've seen so far, this will pass by a large margin

That's an interesting prognostication.

From what I've seen so far, I think it'll take some tweaking (revisions) to what we've seen thus far plus a good amount of cash to get this to pass by a "large" margin. There are too many regressions in scheduling for non 7/7 folks right now and even for instructor/CA/NRFO pilots on the 7/7, in my opinion.

This is the opinion of someone who has been in this business for many years....39 as an airline pilot and 2 at NetJets.

I've seen this happen time after time over the years. There is always a small group that make a lot of noise and tell anyone that will listen that they are going to vote "NO".

But there is a huge silent majority of rational people out there that will look at what is put before them and make their decision on the whole package.....not some pet peave issue that has their panties in a knot.

oy yeah it will pass.....after they fix the flush bid or chage the bid date to allow for time on vacations....otherwise forget it.

Once the money is on the table you'll see a shift in the general tone.

The vast majority of pilots (talking grandfathered here) are living where they want, they own a home, the spouse has a job and the kids are in school. The changes to HBA status will be offset by the monetary gain for these mostly stable and happy folks.

The voices that are the loudest on these message boards are predominately the "vocal minority", many of whom believe that everyone else thinks like them.

The vast majority don't post and many of those don't even come here.

Stay tuned for section 27.

Once the money is on the table you'll see a shift in the general tone.

As a post-rat guy, I really dont see too much that I like, other than the 100 domiciles. Why not any airport that has airline service?

The information out right now is too vague. I need to see more info (PTO vs sick time....."the perfect schedule is a sick call away").

But I do trust the negotiators, and I am hoping for some "kick ass pay". This is the only way it will pass.

Latest resources

Back