• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed List of 100 Netjets Crew Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree that following blindly is a bad idea. An informed membership is a necessary component to getting the contract improvements the pilots have earned. From my front row seat (hint: not all negotiators are on the MEC or EBoard) I'm also keeping close tabs on the process. I see long days being put into IBB and I hear optimism.

Our families deserve 3 schedules to choose from and knowing the work days a month in advance is a plus. The jump from 5 to 95 could make a huge QOL difference for many of the NJ pilots/families. For their sake I hope the final deal is attractive enough to pass. I recognize that 6K can help the lowest paid pilots, but I don't see it swaying the better paid pilots who are satisfied with the 2005 CBA. Logic says those at the table know that it will take more.

Given that record profits reflect a motivated workforce; clearly, it is in the best interest of an IBB team to offer a package that generates enthusiasm and loyalty among all the pilots. My high hopes are based on the situation (the money is there) and belief that common sense will prevail. Ostensibly, upper management has now learned that it is more profitable and stable to work with the pilots rather than against them.

With high hopes and best wishes for all,
Netjetwife

...and talking to the MEC and reading the union message boards, this IBB is looking better.

This is probably the best time to negotiate, with the huge profits that they are showing ($500 million in the first 6 months). You pre-rat guys talked so highly of BO and his Strong Union, that now you question him and his group.

The pre-rat guys really dont lose anything, as far as their HBAs. Still have MHT, SLO, and other po-dunk places. Post-rat guys gain 95 places....thats huge for 700 guys plus all newhires.

Schedules, now have "choices" between 7/7, 15 days and 18 days. As I understand it, the current reserve schedule, we have no idea about days off, except for the 4 H-days. The IBB allows for a true schedule by the 15th of the previous month. This is a good thing.

The only group that I hear that is not happy is junior check airman. Which I think is funny as hell. We (SICs) complain about all of the PICs jumping from plane to plane, and you PICs say, "its all about seniority. Get used to it." Well now they are the ones crying.

The deciding factor for everyone is going to be how much money is throw into the pile. I know that all pilot are whores, and they have a price. My gut feeling, is the money will buy there vote.

Ski....I don't know who you are talking to on the road but I get the impression this thing is far from a sure thing.

Many pre-ratters are saying that they will vote "NO", based on what was given to us on 9/1. Reading the final document MAY change minds.

If serious money isn't there.......Its DOA.

Yeah that's just a little different than saying that the schedule is limited to the top 10% of pilots.

It all means the same at my house...

A Paycut.

Really? You've seen the final proposal and know how much money is being offered? Of course the 7/7 will continue to pay lower than the reserve schedules, as that's how payscales work. If you can't live with either proposed reserve schedule then go to 7/7; but let's not talk about paycuts until we see the final language.

15 day schedule will be limited to 10%.

I am in the bottom 30% of PICs in my fleet. If its a good schedule do you think i will win the bid for it?

Its all about seniority, get used to it. Why did you bid out of the X to go junior in the Falcon? Oh, thats right, wou wanted to fly a bigger plane to make MORE money. Meanwhile, all of us SICs cant even get a PIC slot................due to seniority.

Live by seniority, die by seniority.

You said the ONLY people not happy are the Check Airmen. You are forgetting about the 20%+ of Reservists.

We don't have section 27 but of what we do have ... I like the 95 new bases for the Domiciled... but NOTHING else.

Section 27 can change the way people feel. I am skeptical they will cough up enough dinero....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back