Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JB Skeds

You say relentless, we say productive.

Now hopefully, JetBlue can get those transcon turns and we won't have that problem of day sleeping.
(kidding-that horse is way dead)

CatfishVT9

Let me see if I understand this. You have a family friend do a favor by asking the CEO of a company to look at you. basaed on thier pull as a company officer to help get your interview based on thier friendship with a family member, and then you may trun down the job offer? Please make what you feel is the right choice for you, but if you do not show up kiss your family friends a$$, because they went out on a limb for you with Joe.

CatfishVT9,

I'm going to weigh in on this subject because it seems that there are more people from JetBlue posting replies then AirTran. When I came to AirTran in '01 I had the same offers that you had. I had to make a choice. The difference was that the class dates were about a month apart rather then a day. There is no question that JetBlue and AirTran are both good places to be right now, and for the foreseeable future. The bottomline is that you have to go with your "Gut" on this one. I'm not going to sit back and tell you that AirTran is better than JetBlue or vice versa because there are many pros and cons to both. I will say that I agree with FLB717 that if you used a friend with contacts to Joe Leonard to get an interview (and ultimately an offer) and then choose JetBlue; well lets say that's not a good way to maintain a "Bridge" . In the long run it won't matter, because it's only when we fly our last Part 121 flight when we turn 60 that we'll know if we made the right decision.

What ever decision you make, best wishes.

Music

Now if they would just take AirTran and JetBlue and merge them into one while keeping the best of both companies, THAT would surely solve Catfish's dilema. SWA would be sweating this one for sure.

You've got to sit down for several hours by yourself with a pad of paper and make a pros and cons list for both companies. Then you have to add up the two lists and make a decision for yourself(not anyone else). You alone will be the one who endures the career at either company. If you go with AirTran and 5 years from now we end up being bought or disappear for some reason, your family friend and or Joe Leonard is not going to come to you with an apology and a special severance. This is business and you have to go with the carrier you feel will be around for a long time to come and be the best fit for you. You have to be selfish because you are really the only one looking out for you. I think Airtran is a great airline and I have enjoyed my 1+ year here. I think our job security is pretty stable but so is JetBlue's. The crews I've met at JetBlue have all been very outgoing and they sure seem to have a great time working and on layovers. AirTran treats first year FA's pretty lousy and we end up having some of the good ones quit. Maybe I've got a case of "the grass is greener" but our mix of crews here at AirTran can be hit or miss sometimes. I think a new base for us will definately help in the FA hiring arena at AirTran. Not that this issue should even be close to your top 8-9 reasons for selecting an airline but I thought I should point out an area I think we could improve on here. If that is my largest gripe, then things can't be too bad here huh?

Good luck with your decision. Don't look back after you make a selection because it doesn't do any good.

IAHERJ

FLB717,

You're not saying anything I haven't already thought about. I held off using that bullet until it seemed that JB wasn't going to call.

I know lots of folks say "it's just business" to walk away, but I didn't get this far by being a one-way and not taking other people into consideration. If I do go to JB, I'll first make a phone call to my contact so he hears it from me first.

Catfish

Catfish

Choose the Job that does not require you
to commute.

I have been a commuter for 10 years now and it sucks big time.

Trust me when i tell you COMMUTING SUCKS!!!!

You will be away from home a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** load more.

Good luck

I've been with AT 6 years this month and couldn't be happier. Things have never been as good as they are now, and with contract negotiations begining in a few months, thing should only get better. Senority advancement will be quick.

Compare things like commuting, pay, retirement and work rules. You can't go wrong no matter which you choose.

Good Luck.

If you come to Airtran you'll have at least one other Meridian T-2 bubba to drink with.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back