Problem - JetBlue VS. AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetBlue320,

Thanks for the reply. I understand Catfish decided on AirTran. I guess my real question is: What is the average time between JB interview and JB job offer? I thought from reading Catfish's original post that the process for him took about 3 weeks. I thought this was rather quick......I probably misread his post.

Thanks!

Hey Hoot,

I think the Catfish said the hiring was provisional pending the outcome of his background check. Usually it takes almost two months to get the full "monty".

Congrats catfish, see you around the water cooler.

CONGRATS! Now, do what Albie says and buy some JetBlue stock to straddle your decision. :)

Flying Freddie said:
Hey Hoot,

I think the Catfish said the hiring was provisional pending the outcome of his background check. Usually it takes almost two months to get the full "monty".
Hoot,

Freddie is right, it takes about two months all together (average). Catfish's deal might have been something different, I don't know for sure.

C yaaa

Hoot,

Here's the deal with the quick interview to class date. Military folks are much easier to get through the background investigation (Phase 2) for the obvious reasons of no access to their training records. Take a civilian pilot with 3-4 jobs (some companies which might not be in business even) and the wait for them to respond to a potential employer for a former employee...well you get the picture.

Additionally, if somebody interviews and the PHC immediately reviews their package and sends them into Phase 2, they have numerous LORs from within the company, bring their own documentation you would need for the background check (National Driving Record, FAA Record, etc.) things can go quickly. Again, my experience is this is more typical for the military pilots.

We always tell candidates the day we interview them to expect the process to be 2 months. That's the norm not the exception, I assure you.

Happy landings

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back