Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

President of Regional Airline Assoc. says regional pilot pay "fair and reasonable"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is what you guys have to ask yourselves, do you want to make less as a senior captain and senior FO, and give the first year guys a more "reasonable" salary. If the new hires make more money, it will come at the expense of top tier pay. I personally think it is horrible that the unions have allowed the new hires to be payed so poorly, but I guess since they don't earn dues off of the first year guys, they don't have an interest in protecting them.

It is true that often the first year pay is not a priority for negotiations because there seems to be the belief that it's a rite of passage, and also it's not the union's top priority to negotiate for those pilots that are not employed yet.

However, your logic is flawed, since there's nothing that says that if you increase one payrate that you decrease the other. I think all pilot groups should negotiate captain pay only... FO pay is simply 60% of that payrate.

If only my mortgage payment, taxes, insurance and food bill were 'fair and reasonable'. Hmm....

Cohan

I thought Mr. Cohan came across very poorly. He certainly did not have is facts and tapped danced around some tough direct questions.

A thought Prater was a little more credible.

I think they both appeared to be lobbyists for their self interests.

Last edited:
Everyone is free not to work for those wages.

I'm unsure as to why anyone is surprised by this guy's statements. He is head of the RAA, a huge industry group. He is an airline CEO fanboy, he has nothing to do with labor. Well, nothing short of seeing it as a pesky expense for his clients.

You don't like the pay at the regionals? Blame ALPA. Babitt screwed every regional pilot every chance he got when he ran ALPA.

ALPA EATS THIER YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor, vote ALPA out.

so work for Mc D's

I have a friend that is a regional manager and is in charge of 15 chains.

$105,000 a year, annual raises, full paid medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, 401k..

Home every night..

Store managers make between 40-60k with full benes
career changes can be made

Latest resources

Back