Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

President of Regional Airline Assoc. says regional pilot pay "fair and reasonable"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ualdriver

President of Regional Airline Assoc. says regional pilot pay "fair and reasonable"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aJeU7Viw6UMU

U.S. Carriers Defend Pilot Pay After Buffalo Crash (Update1)

By John Hughes
June 17 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. regional airline pilot pay is “fair and reasonable,” the head of the carriers’ trade group said, defending salaries under scrutiny after a fatal crash near Buffalo, New York.
Rebecca Shaw, 24, copilot of the Pinnacle Airlines Corp. Colgan plane that crashed, earned $23,900 a year, the carrier has said. Federal Aviation Administration chief Randy Babbitt questioned June 15 whether such pay attracts “the best and the brightest.”
Commuter carrier copilots on average earn $32,000, “in line with comparable professions,” Roger Cohen, president of the Regional Airline Association, told a Senate subcommittee today in Washington. He called pay in all parts of the industry, including regional carriers, “fair and reasonable.”

Fair and equitible???? That guy is an @$$, but what do you expect him to say? He certainly isn't going to jump up and down about anything that raises the overall cost structure of the regionals- puts his tail out on the street with no job..................

Rest assured, he's gonna' buff the regional turd to the best of his abilities.................

Who the F! is this guy!? Been in this "industry" for 8 years and I have no idea what the regional airline association is, but lately this ****************************** is saying all the wrong things that would help ANY regional.

Who the F! is this guy!? Been in this "industry" for 8 years and I have no idea what the regional airline association is, but lately this ****************************** is saying all the wrong things that would help ANY regional.

My thoughts exactly. Who and what is the regional airline association?

http://www.raa.org/index.php

Mission Statement RAA represents North American regional airlines, and the manufacturers of products and services supporting the regional airline industry, before the Congress, DOT, FAA and other federal agencies.

With more than 15,000 regional airline flights every day, more than one of every five domestic airline passengers now travel on regionals. Operating more than 2,700 aircraft, the regional fleet comprises about nearly 40 percent of the US commercial passenger fleet. Most notably, regional airlines serve 650 communities across the country and in 442 of those communities -- 70 percent of the US-regional airlines provide the only scheduled service.

Founded in 1975, Washington, DC-based RAA also provides a wide array of technical, government relations and public relations services for regional airlines. The association's 43 member airlines and 305 associate members represent the key decision makers of this vital sector of the commercial aviation industry.

the guy looks like a guido wiesel-- no offense

SKIPPY

i mean what do you want him to say "yeah they are underpaid, me and all the ceo's from regional airlines will get right on giving them a non collective bargaining raise.... NOT!

he's doing what's he's paid to do-- represent the regionals-- if he has to act like the bad guy, so be it, he sleeps in a million dollar house i'm sure

This is what you guys have to ask yourselves, do you want to make less as a senior captain and senior FO, and give the first year guys a more "reasonable" salary. If the new hires make more money, it will come at the expense of top tier pay. I personally think it is horrible that the unions have allowed the new hires to be payed so poorly, but I guess since they don't earn dues off of the first year guys, they don't have an interest in protecting them.

Latest resources

Back