Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

President of Regional Airline Assoc. says regional pilot pay "fair and reasonable"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.raa.org/index.php

Mission Statement RAA represents North American regional airlines, and the manufacturers of products and services supporting the regional airline industry, before the Congress, DOT, FAA and other federal agencies.

With more than 15,000 regional airline flights every day, more than one of every five domestic airline passengers now travel on regionals. Operating more than 2,700 aircraft, the regional fleet comprises about nearly 40 percent of the US commercial passenger fleet. Most notably, regional airlines serve 650 communities across the country and in 442 of those communities -- 70 percent of the US-regional airlines provide the only scheduled service.

Founded in 1975, Washington, DC-based RAA also provides a wide array of technical, government relations and public relations services for regional airlines. The association's 43 member airlines and 305 associate members represent the key decision makers of this vital sector of the commercial aviation industry.

All that Bull schyte and they still didn't say who they are and what they do! Thay are the union that represents managment. Air Line Pilot's Association, Regional Airline (Management) Association (RAMAss). They represent management's best interests. They get together in convention to let their management members know who is getting what compensation (pattern bargaining), who has handled the union in the least cost manner and how, and who has gotten their POI to compromise safety and how. Roger Cohen is their #1 Empty Suit of the moment.

So are all of you who are outraged contacting Mr. Cohen and the RAA? Go to Senate.gov and email the committee members. Ualdriver's comments were far more elegant than mine; the point is this is the time to DO SOMETHING! All the contact info for Mr. Cohen, the RAA, and the Senate comittee is easily available on line.

Mr. Cohen has comitted perjury, and is being paid and directed to do so. Some of the crappy issues in our industry are coming to light, and he is trying to re-bury the turd. Don't let it happen without a fight.

What about empowering the politcal forces that are on your side to counter the poltical forces of the RAA and Cohen that are working against you.... money talks.... BS walks....

What about empowering the politcal forces that are on your side to counter the poltical forces of the RAA and Cohen that are working against you.... money talks.... BS walks....

Absolutely!

Why don't all pilots contribute 1% of they're gross to ALPA's PAC. If each one of them did that, we'd have a lot more political clout than the other side.

Get busy people!

https://crewroom.alpa.org/DesktopMo...View.aspx?itemid=1378&ModuleId=1068&TabId=202

There's the link for ALPA-PAC if you want to contribute.......

I'll be the very first to say that ALPA is an imperfect organization run by imperfect people. However, I'll take that over nothing. Under circumstances like this, where we may see some serious changes in legislation that we might actually be able to directly influence, I'm glad that I've thrown the PAC something in the past that hopefully got some guys elected that will listen to ALPA.

ALPA-PAC plug over.

P.S. I don't contribute 1% a month but even 5, 10, 20 bucks a month helps the PAC.

Last edited:
i dont understand why the RAA/ATA oppose pilot wage increases.

its like they are programmed to think wages=bad.

Really? I mean, if all companies have the same wage standards, isn't that a level playing field? Wouldn't they all be forced to increase fares by comparable ammounts, leaving competition intact?

Won't Work

i dont understand why the RAA/ATA oppose pilot wage increases.

its like they are programmed to think wages=bad.

Really? I mean, if all companies have the same wage standards, isn't that a level playing field? Wouldn't they all be forced to increase fares by comparable ammounts, leaving competition intact?
Under regulation this would work. Under de-reg once costs went up in the form of higher wages at mature airlines, new airlines would appear. Mature airlines have pilots in the 10+ pay scale. New airlines even on the same pay scale have no pilots above year one, thus they have lower costs and can sell below the competition. The best way to rasie pilot wages is to restrict the number of pilots. The consumer shopping on the internet would buy the cheap ticket. BTW The Gov't could mandate that to hold an ATP you must go through a process like applying to a service academy. You must have an ACT of 29+, or SAT 1280+, top 10% of your HS class, completed Eagle scout award, a four college degree in hard science or engineering with a at least a 3.5 GPA, comunity service of feeding the old people in a nursing home. I know this reduce the number of pilots in the cockpits today. I also know it has nothing to do with flying an airplane.

I agree with pilotyip. However, instead of all those things he suggested, I think one very simple reg change would do the trick: an ATP is required to be an airline pilot. It's simple, logical, and difficult for RAMAss (that's classic, whoever came up with that one) to argue for specific relief from, when pilot shortages actually begin.

Does anyone know if ALPA is specifically pushing this?

The best way to rasie pilot wages is to restrict the number of pilots. The consumer shopping on the internet would buy the cheap ticket. BTW The Gov't could mandate that to hold an ATP you must go through a process like applying to a service academy. You must have an ACT of 29+, or SAT 1280+, top 10% of your HS class, completed Eagle scout award, a four college degree in hard science or engineering with a at least a 3.5 GPA, comunity service of feeding the old people in a nursing home. I know this reduce the number of pilots in the cockpits today. I also know it has nothing to do with flying an airplane.
Or just have a National Union that predetermines how many ATPs can be issued in any one year ... just like the AMA restricts how many people can be accepted to Medical School.

Also limit Duty time to 40 hrs in any rolling 5 day period ... with 2 mandatory 24 hr periods off duty every week.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back