• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Premium Pay at ASA for the 4th of July weekend

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure about that. As you can read on the majors board, the decision to furlough was put on hold. I agree that if they cut summer 2010 flying we will have people on the street.
I was floored at this decision, as I was sure it would happen. The bottom 500 here at DAL get to relax for a little bit. It literally was weeks away.
Good for our management team. Fact is they want the bodies when others fold.
As for the 900's. I think that you will see more of them. As many as DAL can get from us. (Personally I do not see the ceiling moving over 255. )

How can Delta furlough anytime within the next two years? I've read the furlough protection in the Merger LOA and then the Union added that furlough protection with the removal of 6 seats on all the 76 seaters. Seems to me like Delta would have another date in court if they furloughed.

How can Delta furlough anytime within the next two years? I've read the furlough protection in the Merger LOA and then the Union added that furlough protection with the removal of 6 seats on all the 76 seaters. Seems to me like Delta would have another date in court if they furloughed.
]

Would you rather them go out of business? Maybe they will invoke the Force Majeure tactic!

If this is true, when will they show it? Either pull the flying back to the mainline list, or quit giving up scope. Thus far, it doesn't appear that either is being done. Don't get me wrong, I think a 70/90 seater should be on a mainline certificate, but as long as they aren't, I want them at a regional that values it's employees, and pays them well. Would you not agree?
There is no such thing.
This is the problem with the airlines. Someone here is delusional, thinking that there is a regional out there who is paid well.
And "values it's employees"??? Get real. You're a dime a dozen crew. They smile to your faces because they have you for cheap right now. Just wait till you get cheaper, they all do.

The 700/900's will not be going anywhere.

The only ones that hope so, are the pilots on the low end of the list at Delta. Face it, you will be on the street soon.
Good Luck!
I've heard rumors that there is some flow back protection for the mainline guys, and they will flow back to the wholey owned, starting with Compass....who flies the "heavy".

Latest resources

Back