Preferred Hotel Chain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Preferred Hotel Chain?
And Embassy Suites -- very bottom of the list next to sleeping on the sidewalk. Those places suck. Whitetrash Weddings every weekend and mobs of illigit children roaming the halls....Manager bubba reception? again, mobs fighting for stale popcorn and warm Bud Light while their kids run wild and pee in the pool....no thanks....

Why do you think they have free cocktails every night :) Worth it to me!

Preferred Hotel Chain?
And Embassy Suites -- very bottom of the list next to sleeping on the sidewalk. Those places suck. Whitetrash Weddings every weekend and mobs of illigit children roaming the halls....Manager bubba reception? again, mobs fighting for stale popcorn and warm Bud Light while their kids run wild and pee in the pool....no thanks....

Why do you think they have free cocktails every night :) Worth it to me!

Ugh, no thanks. Embassy Suites are very familiy-friendly, and no offense to the parents out there, but "familiy-friendly" and "crew rest accommodations" are mutually exclusive entities. Embassies are generally very loud, especially on the weekends. You can mitigate it somewhat with a high floor, but even that's no guarantee. And there's something about those walkways that scream "racetrack for children." :mad:

The last one I stayed at, in Greensboro, NC, had some kind of convention of nothing but 12-year-old girls. I'm stunned that all the glass in the hotel didn't shatter from the shrieking!

Never had a noise problem in an Embassy and I've stayed a ton of 'em.

Heck, you can close *TWO* doors. If you can hear noise through that you may wanna' go to work for the FBI. I'm just sayin'. ;)

Nothing worse than driving by 3 great hotels in great locations to stay in some friggin Marriott to get pilot points...:angryfire

Yer full of it about most things my good friend but here you hit a home run.

I flew with this penguin shaped azzhat at my old gig who was a total Marriott WHORE. I'll just refer to him as "Slats."

Any way, we are in Florida on a fairly short overnight and good old Slats changes our hotel from one that is five mins from the airport to one that is three *HOURS* from the airport.

I kid you not.

As we are driving trying to find our way to the hotel I see all the signs on the highway advertising Holiday Inn, Worst Bestern, Hilton, etc. etc. etc..

"There's a hotel," I say.

"There's a hotel," I say.

"There's one," I say.

Finally he expodes.

"LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALIZE THAT YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH THE DECISION TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL BUT THE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE! I'M THE PIC AND WE *WILL* BE STAYING AT THE MARRIOTT. PERIOD."

This being the same moron who listened to Rush Limbaugh on the ADF during taxi (missed a hold short in KIAD that I finally had to just say, "XXX is holding short of Hotel" to Ground in order to make him stop because he INSISTED we were cleared to Zulu), takeoff, and cruise. What a jackarse.

I'll stay in a hot sheet motel if it is close to the plane. Still like Embassy Suites though.

Last edited:
Never had a noise problem in an Embassy and I've stayed a ton of 'em.

Guess you've had better luck than I have. The one in Teterboro is about the quietest one I've stayed in, which is fortunate, as I hit that one pretty frequently. But the open design of any Embassy lends itself to a high noise level. The plants help a little bit, but not a lot.

Heck, you can close *TWO* doors.
In most cases, that helps. But a lot of good that does you when four of the army-of-12-year-old-girls are in the bedroom nextdoor, shrieking their heads off at 11pm! Their parents helpfully got a separate suite. Grrrrrrrr....

You're really obsessed with 12 year old girls... Anything you want to tell us.

(doh... so much for your Christmas present)

Guess you've had better luck than I have. The one in Teterboro is about the quietest one I've stayed in, which is fortunate, as I hit that one pretty frequently. But the open design of any Embassy lends itself to a high noise level. The plants help a little bit, but not a lot.

In most cases, that helps. But a lot of good that does you when four of the army-of-12-year-old-girls are in the bedroom nextdoor, shrieking their heads off at 11pm! Their parents helpfully got a separate suite. Grrrrrrrr....

Not calling you a liar.

Just never had the experience.

Like the guy implied, Manager's Reception does a lot for helping stop high noise levels. :)

You're really obsessed with 12 year old girls... Anything you want to tell us.

Well, I did meet this guy in the lobby. Is that bad?

:laugh:

Like the guy implied, Manager's Reception does a lot for helping stop high noise levels. :)

Couldn't even get to it on that weekend from hell. It was literally three layers deep of kids getting (I sh*t you not) Shirley Temples from the bartender. It was a 20+ minute wait for a drink! That's inhumane. ;)

Couldn't even get to it on that weekend from hell. It was literally three layers deep of kids getting (I sh*t you not) Shirley Temples from the bartender. It was a 20+ minute wait for a drink! That's inhumane. ;)

Thats why God gave you two hands... double fist it!

Latest resources

Back