• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferred Hotel Chain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats what I do. I also have an FO that doesn't drink and I'll make him go up there and grab 2 more. Managers give me the stink eye when I'm sitting there with 4 cocktails....love Embassy although some of the above statements are true.

Love all Hilton properties esp Double Trees (damn cookies) except the one in Little Rock that was falling apart and f'n haunted!

Yer full of it about most things my good friend but here you hit a home run.

"LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALIZE THAT YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH THE DECISION TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL BUT THE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE! I'M THE PIC AND WE *WILL* BE STAYING AT THE MARRIOTT. PERIOD."

Dont get me started LD! I been tossing you around these boards for years, I can still GET ER DONE....

:laugh: ;)

I hear ya, I just dont get the Marriott thing...if its the best place to stay? SURE! - just hate to drive past better places just to get some sacred pilot points. Don't make me stay in a sacrificial place just because you are too cheap to rent your own car on your lameass yearly vacation with suzy and the 3 brats..

Especially INTL - Marriotts are quite often NOT the best place to stay. Grand Hyatts, St Regis, Ritz, etc are often far better, and are often equally priced. Also, some of the best places to stay are smaller 4-5 star hotels in ideal city locations. Sometimes it takes some research, outside of calling 1800marriott or 1800Universal, but if you are somewhere for a few days it can be well worth it and the service is usually much better.

Prying a dorky GEE850 (or whatever) pilot away from his beloved Marriott lounge is sometimes a very difficult procedure...

:laugh:

Last edited:
HGI is a bit nicer than Courtyard but either is fine with me. I have a bunch of Marriott points and I have this fantasy about being able to use them for a nice vacation someday.

Some Fairfields are OK but many are kind of run down. I was in the one near Teterboro last winter and the water wasn't hot.

I haven't been to the Secaucus Holiday Inn for years and I can't remember why I hate it but I would not want to go back there.

I think the hotel game is more avoiding a bad one than getting a good one. Close to the airport and not a dump are the crucial points.

Especially INTL - Marriotts are quite often NOT the best place to stay. Grand Hyatts, St Regis, Ritz, etc are often far better, and are often equally priced.

You are prob the only person that I have ever seen that actually like the Hyatt properties. The only descent one I have stayed in was in Dubai (that one was $3000 night room), otherwise ALL of the Hyatt properties suck and are over-priced.

Wait a minute... did Gulfstream 200 & Legacy Driver use to fly together?!?!

Dont get me started LD! I been tossing you around these boards for years, I can still GET ER DONE....

:laugh: ;)

Yes, you are quite the "tosser" my man. LOL ;) I kid.

I hear ya, I just dont get the Marriott thing...if its the best place to stay? SURE! - just hate to drive past better places just to get some sacred pilot points. Don't make me stay in a sacrificial place just because you are too cheap to rent your own car on your lameass yearly vacation with suzy and the 3 brats..

Especially INTL - Marriotts are quite often NOT the best place to stay. Grand Hyatts, St Regis, Ritz, etc are often far better, and are often equally priced. Also, some of the best places to stay are smaller 4-5 star hotels in ideal city locations. Sometimes it takes some research, outside of calling 1800marriott or 1800Universal, but if you are somewhere for a few days it can be well worth it and the service is usually much better.

Prying a dorky GEE850 (or whatever) pilot away from his beloved Marriott lounge is sometimes a very difficult procedure...

:laugh:

Yeah, and the sad thing is, these point lovers wind up costing the company so much money with their quirks that people wind up getting booted. (Not gonna' tanker cheap gas so I can get Atlantic Bucks, drive 3 hours for Marriott stay, etc.)

I've seen guys who would absolutely refuse to take the shuttle from Signature KIAD to the Marriott hotel two blocks away. So rent a car for $59 and drive it four blocks total round trip? Wow. That's smart.

Ugh.

Hilton Whore all the way .. except when I know they suck. Like Asia.

I can use my points anytime anywhere with NO hassle. Hilton always treats me good.

Having only been in the corporate arena for about 1.5 years, I got pretty excited about the Hilton/Marriott points in the beginning! My wife made fun of me the day my Diamond card arrived - I was like a little kid on Christmas. I've kind of gotten over it now. Our department has a "core group" of hotels that we try to stay in, with a few exceptions depending on availabity. Those are Hilton and Marriott and most of their family.

I do like Hyatt Place though. Very modern and comfortable with the huge flat-screens. We use the one in Secaucus often for day rooms.

Latest resources

Back