• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferred Hotel Chain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still flaunt the Diamond Card... especially when I walk to the Embassy for happy hour from the Hampton Inn across the street. Keep those room keys guys!

I enjor Hiltons. By the way, what the F**k is up with that Radisson in Peoria, IL? Not only is it a dump, I'm pretty sure I heard someone get shot outside in that street.

I've been staying at Holiday Inn Express and I get a pretty descent hotel most of the time. I do get some crappers and I did check out of one in Florida earlier this year.

But, the flexibility of the rewards program are great. Later this month I will have enough rewards to get a free golf club (which I desperately need but I'm too cheap to buy with my own money). It only took a year of devoted stay (about 5 to 7 nights a month) to get enough points.

Now, as far as beds go, Sheraton is the softest. But I'm a freak, I like hard beds and I'm addicted to the cinnamon rolls at H.I. I don't know why, they are cheap crap, but it is like crack to me, I have to have my fix!

Having only been in the corporate arena for about 1.5 years, I got pretty excited about the Hilton/Marriott points in the beginning! My wife made fun of me the day my Diamond card arrived - I was like a little kid on Christmas. I've kind of gotten over it now. Our department has a "core group" of hotels that we try to stay in, with a few exceptions depending on availabity. Those are Hilton and Marriott and most of their family.

I do like Hyatt Place though. Very modern and comfortable with the huge flat-screens. We use the one in Secaucus often for day rooms.

You are just lucky they don't make you sleep in the airplane (not that you would fit).

You are prob the only person that I have ever seen that actually like the Hyatt properties. The only descent one I have stayed in was in Dubai (that one was $3000 night room), otherwise ALL of the Hyatt properties suck and are over-priced.

Im surprised to hear that!

From your profile I'd say you traveled the world with the airlines?

Im not talking Intl crew hotels at the Airport...Im talking downtown hotels. I suppose the Dubai one is the only one you stayed at because its close enough to the terminal for you guys...(with 25 mins)

Check out Grand Hyatts in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong etc...yes they are 45-1hr from the airport - like most places...but they are some of the nicest in Asia. They are often choice #1 in our department if they are avail and within our city price range. St. Regis also has some nice properties, as does Rosewood, Ritz, and Four Seasons...

Min rest stays in these cities?, its often not worth it to go downtown, but if we have 2 nights+ - definitly worth the extra travel..Ya gotta get off airport property, crew Marriotts/Hiltons at the terminal are what sucks!

Red Flag #1 - If it has a airport shuttle - dont stay there.
;)

I'm also a Hilton fan (Diamond member). After that, I like to stay at the Marriott hotels (but they are very hard to make gold). And Priority Club hotels after that (Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza, etc), they are easy to make Gold.

I won't go out of my way to stay at a Hilton though, I usually find out from the FBO what is around and what the rates are first, after that I decide what is best for me and the company (cost vs. quality).

I used to fly with this Captain, before I made captain, that was a hard core smoker. So, every time the company booked us into a Marriott hotel (they are all non-smoking) he would change it and always for the worse. We would end up staying in some flea bag motel 6 with pubic hair carpet just so this cancer addict could feed his addiction. After almost a year of this crap I went OFF on this bozo (in Vegas actually) and told him he was never going to stick me in some dive again just to satisfy his selfish habit. Fortunately, that was about it as far as our pairings went so the story ends there. Now that I am a Captain, I always make sure the the F.O. is equally pleased with the hotel that I select and I always involve him in the process. I only wish I would have had it that good.

I still flaunt the Diamond Card... especially when I walk to the Embassy for happy hour from the Hampton Inn across the street. Keep those room keys guys!

I have a buddy that is a salesman and sometimes on the road he stops in Embassy Suites and gets breakfast. One time he stopped in and the chef said he needed to see his ticket, he said he didnt have it and the guy gave him crap so he said, look buddy, I am here all week, are we gonna have to go through this every morning? The chef/omlette maker said no and gave him his breakfast.

Latest resources

Back