• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferential Bidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
in a poll conducted at SkyWest among the pilot group, respondents indicated that their schedules were better with PBS than with hard lines by more than 2 to 1.

and if you decide you don't want it, won't ALPA 'protect' you from it? that is what some here seem to believe.

Yeah sure now that 10 days off for junior people is a standard line with PBS vs 12 days off on a hard line was the worst it could be. PBS still does not give time off like they promised it would. Set up a new poll after over a year of forced flying for the qualified pilots in the 700/900 are still being forced to fly these lines when they could hold a real nice 200 line. See how your new poll turns out. Unless your in the top 25% then PBS is a horrible mess when it comes to protecting any senority. ALPA isn't at Skywest yet so lets now jump to conclusions on what they can and can't do when they aren't here.

Tell me the difference between a 10 day off regular line and a 10 day off reserve line?

PBS is a concession and it has done almost no good at SkyWest for pilots.

What base are you in and approx what number are you bidding as FO or CA?

Yeah sure now that 10 days off for junior people is a standard line with PBS vs 12 days off on a hard line was the worst it could be. PBS still does not give time off like they promised it would. Set up a new poll after over a year of forced flying for the qualified pilots in the 700/900 are still being forced to fly these lines when they could hold a real nice 200 line. See how your new poll turns out. Unless your in the top 25% then PBS is a horrible mess when it comes to protecting any senority. ALPA isn't at Skywest yet so lets now jump to conclusions on what they can and can't do when they aren't here.

Tell me the difference between a 10 day off regular line and a 10 day off reserve line?

PBS is a concession and it has done almost no good at SkyWest for pilots.

What base are you in and approx what number are you bidding as FO or CA?

PBS sucks even if you're in the top 25%! I'm in the top 5% and still get forced pairings every single bid period, along with less days off for less credit than prior to PBS...crew sked has to put some decent pairings in the bid, or it doesn't matter how senior you are!!!

What kind of input did the 9E group have in the construction/oversight of the parameters?

16-18 days off and 87 hr lines with pbs at chq...not bad i thought, but i've never done it the other way

Agreed. 17 days off this month with a PC check. I can't remember the last time I had less than 14-15 days off in a month. I've found you just can't be too picky with what you request from the PBS system.

This is about the only good thing that RAH offers.

Last edited:
in a poll conducted at SkyWest among the pilot group, respondents indicated that their schedules were better with PBS than with hard lines by more than 2 to 1.

and if you decide you don't want it, won't ALPA 'protect' you from it? that is what some here seem to believe.

The Skywest pilots think their management can do no wrong? Imagine that! Just good little "bees in the beehive". :rolleyes:

Just went into effect at Pinnacle and it doesn't look good for the junior guys. Recently awarded line holders are going back on reserve and those on reserve (like me) can plan on being there much longer than expected. Just wondering what other people out there thought about it.

When prefbid was introduced for a trial period at our airline, I was a junior FO on reserve. With the Prefbid awards, I consistently got a line and more days off. It really is all in the specifics of the agreement and software.

When prefbid was introduced for a trial period at our airline, I was a junior FO on reserve. With the Prefbid awards, I consistently got a line and more days off. It really is all in the specifics of the agreement and software.

Exactly. No work rules coupled with PBS would mean pure he!!. PBS is only as good as the work rules that go with it.

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back