Preferential Bidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Aviator007

Just went into effect at Pinnacle and it doesn't look good for the junior guys. Recently awarded line holders are going back on reserve and those on reserve (like me) can plan on being there much longer than expected. Just wondering what other people out there thought about it.

PBS blows

PBS totally blows. If it isn't already, it will become a total concession. When there is extra flying to be done, the company just changes the parameters and poof, every one gets junior manned without the pay. Good luck.

So what's the story, did ALPA negotiate a side letter to implement PBS? What did you guys get in return?

Mesaba will be getting PBS sometime in 2008 per the "new" contract. Not looking forward to it.

So what's the story, did ALPA negotiate a side letter to implement PBS? What did you guys get in return?

Yeah... exactly. With Pinnacle being in Section 6, why would the MEC even begin to entertain such a discussion? PBS is a huge concession, as the mainline folks have found out.

Mesaba will be getting PBS sometime in 2008 per the "new" contract. Not looking forward to it.

It starts Jan 1, 2008. Start stocking the Vasoline cause as we all know Jinglepants keeps all of the company supply for his own personal pocket pool time.

in a poll conducted at SkyWest among the pilot group, respondents indicated that their schedules were better with PBS than with hard lines by more than 2 to 1.

and if you decide you don't want it, won't ALPA 'protect' you from it? that is what some here seem to believe.

and if you decide you don't want it, won't ALPA 'protect' you from it? that is what some here seem to believe.

Well I can tell you that PBS is my companies wet dream, and thanks to our union, it will stay that way.

16-18 days off and 87 hr lines with pbs at chq...not bad i thought, but i've never done it the other way

Latest resources

Back