• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preboarding Jumpseaters on SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Preboard. Plain and simple. If you're going to work I want to make sure your bags on ON THE AIRPLANE. Don't want your flight bag misplaced or sent to Detroit when you're going to Tampa.

For those that disagree I'll ask - if you get a boarding card anyway then why fill out the jumpseat request form? Because you're a jumpseater and jumpseaters PREBOARD.

We're a band of brothers. Let's stick together and help out pilots from other carriers who appreciate the ride. (and even those who think they deserve it)

Gup

GuppyWN said:
Preboard. Plain and simple. If you're going to work I want to make sure your bags on ON THE AIRPLANE. Don't want your flight bag misplaced or sent to Detroit when you're going to Tampa.

For those that disagree I'll ask - if you get a boarding card anyway then why fill out the jumpseat request form? Because you're a jumpseater and jumpseaters PREBOARD.

We're a band of brothers. Let's stick together and help out pilots from other carriers who appreciate the ride. (and even those who think they deserve it)

Gup
Hey Gup, nice post. I think we've met...you were the nice guy who gave me a ride home on his airplane a million times. Thanks again.

Gup[/quote]

Gup
Hey Gup, nice post. I think we've met. You were the one who graciously gave me a ride home a million times. Thanks again.

blingair said:
Hey Gup, nice post. I think we've met...you were the nice guy who gave me a ride home on his airplane a million times. Thanks again.
Yeah, I know him also! But he must have changed jobs MANY times!
Thanks to ALL that have shown me courtesy and repect for the last 18 years and that's EVERYBODY (except for only two individuals). And man, that's a LOT of rides...

DH2WN said:
Ahhh, union? Call the company. Call ALPA. Call SWAPA. etc....

I have called ALPA numerous times to find out about a specific carrier's rules to jump seating. Do I need to be in uniform? Do I go to the gate or some other location? How about FedEX? Can't just show up can you? A FedEx pilot gave me a card of phone numbers to call for jumpseating you can easily get by calling their ops. As for us, I know SWAPA is more than happy to help a pilot of any carrier, even AA, out.

I commuted on US Air for years and I called their rep. before my first jump seat. He sent me a short form of rules and regs. He was very appreciative and excited someone took the time to read what he carefully put together, since he knew most could care less but to think of only, 'me', 'me', and 'me.'

"Brother", it's not that hard. If you have enough concern then you make the time for it. Problem is, too many people have decided it's their right to fly on a free ticket, as if it's their special privilege for wearing a polyester uniform. I don't care what their union negotiated. They didn't negotiate with SWA and if our passengers aren't respected or put ahead of themselves then their off. No exceptions. Laziness isn't an excuse for not doing the research.

So every pilot should be an expert on the specifics of everya airline he MIGHT use to get home? We just changed our policy - should we call the union every time we're going to jumpseat? You are out in left field again. lighten up relax a little, and stay focused on the big picture.

Btw, the big picture does not include some offline jumpseater being asked to move out of the exit row.

ivauir said:
So every pilot should be an expert on the specifics of everya airline he MIGHT use to get home? We just changed our policy - should we call the union every time we're going to jumpseat? You are out in left field again. lighten up relax a little, and stay focused on the big picture.

Btw, the big picture does not include some offline jumpseater being asked to move out of the exit row.
Yes, if you want to fly for FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE. Do you get it yet?

Every passenger should be treated better than before and that means giving them the choice seats. jetBlue is coming into our backyard and is going to kick our ass because they have a better product at the same fares. Your going to wish you didn't kick out that jumpseater and let PAYING customers sit where they want.

Last edited:
GuppyWN is absolutely correct!

According to DH2WN posts. He says he was at ACA and was getting furloughed last year. His other posts said we was waiting for a class date for SWA. So if he is a SWA pilot he has been here almost a year.

All you commuters you will be okay for next five years until he upgrades.:D

DH2WN said:
................. is coming into our backyard and is going to kick our ass because they have a better product at the same fares.

Where have I heard that before?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back