Preboarding Jumpseaters on SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally posted by DH2WN
Yes, if you want to fly for FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE. Do you get it yet?

Every passenger should be treated better than before and that means giving them the choice seats. jetBlue is coming into our backyard and is going to kick our ass because they have a better product at the same fares. Your going to wish you didn't kick out that jumpseater and let PAYING customers sit where they want.

We are commuting to work, not flying for FREE. It allows us to live out of base and still get to work. You obviously don't understand this concept or you would be a little more understanding.

By the way, I would have no problem giving up my seat for a paying passenger and riding up front. In this case, the flight was wide open.

DH2WN said:
Yes, if you want to fly for FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE. Do you get it yet?

Wow. I've been reading these posts and its obvious that we come from many different backgrounds. After taking two rounds of paycuts and NEGOTIATING hard to get CASS up and running (it's not free to the company), I sure don't feel like I'm getting a free seat. That would be management's attitude. Its a negotiated priviledge.

One of the primary reasons the FAA signed off on jumpseat is SAFETY. You are an auxilary crewmember (ACM) who is tasked to help the crew in an emergency. At my airline, that means you get a first class seat (if availalbe) because its closest to the cockpit and you are there if we need you.

Welcome aboard!

northstar said:
Don't be a jerk. First of all, you shouldn't preboard if you have a letter boarding pass. Second, the flight attd moved you, because he/she like myself believes a paying customer should have the comfort of the leg room or the exit row. I'm sorry if I am coming off hostile. It's almost like someone expecting free drinks just cause they flash their badge. Please extend the exit row to revenue pax and not be selfish on the free ride.

ummm its actually easier to have a jumpseater preboard. This way he can quickly intro himself to the captain and if he gets approved he can quickly stow all his crap such as luggage and flight case without having to bump everyone already sitting down with it. Also it makes the jumpseater less in the way because he doesnt have to fight his way back out of the cockpit while everyone else is boarding. Its probably best to then take a seat in the back of the plane or whereever your most out of the way. Its a much bigger pain to have a jumpseater board close to the end, fighitng his way through the pax and F/As trying to get up front then go back to the back. By this point most of the overhead space is taken so now hes holding things up trying to move everything around so he doesnt have to check his stuff. Preboard for a jumpseater is much easier imo.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back