• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Poz and Hold" versus "On the Hold"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So "take it out and hold it" doesn't work anymore?

Glad it's being changed. The word "hold" in both standard calls here stateside, "hold short" or "position and hold" has caused a lot of pilots to confuse one with the other and do the wrong thing. It's an important clearance, and they should be totally different in my opinion. How about "stay off the runway" and "taxi onto the runway and chill" as standard calls going forward?

Haha- maybe a riddle grad and an academy grad can just fight it out in a sanctioned aviation debate - the rest of us will get the job done and make sure we're clear-

So what is the LGA equal-opportunity controller going to say when she can no longer say "Pozit-sin an hode"?

"Assume the position."

"Pull it out and hold it."

Seriously, read it back like he told you. If you "no comprende" ask for clarification.

"Line up and wait" is soon to be standard here in the U.S. More assimilation to ICAO standards.

I like "Line up (and wait)" better than position and hold, anyway. I just pray they don't start that "Behind arriving 737 on 3 mile final line up and wait Runway 22 behind" bullsh*t......

Latest resources

Back