• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Post YOUR Info!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How are you getting a JAA ATP, or do you already have it.... that is quite a proccess....

You don't need a JAA ATP to fly here as a contract capt. All you have to do is get an IAA medical, have a current FAA medical and ATP and the company will do the rest. We are short on typed capts and there are provision for FAA licensed pilots to work in EU. If you want to work here permanently it really is not that hard to conver to a JAA ATP, just 14 written tests and some paperwork, I may do it in the future.

Cathay Pacific is hiring with no experience on type. In fact you can go the the right seat of a 744 with no airline experience at all. You just need some good turbine PIC time.

Starting pay is about 5K a month to start, plus 15% of base pay for retirement in cash, plus about 900 bucks a month in cash perdiem.

6 weeks of vactaion a year, plus some profit sharing makes for a good career.

Negitives - a little anti-Americanism from the Brits and Aussies (They don't like our politics and think our road to an ATP is a farce.), and a somewhat difficult check and training system.

all hiring on and off with little or no previous type experience.
Fareview, many on your list require you to be current and qualified, your statement is misleading IMO, for example:

Current ICAO Licence
- Current Class 1 Medical
- Current on A320
- 2500 hours total time
- 500 hours on A320
- 1500 hours on jet
- age 57 or under on 31st May 2007.
- last actual (NOT simulated) flight within last 6 months

Fareview, many on your list require you to be current and qualified, your statement is misleading IMO, for example:

With respect,

The following are hiring with NO experience on type;

Qatar
Etihad
Emirates
China Airlines
Eva Air
Cathay
JALways

and my original post said 'no or little'. The others if you have a little i.e. under 500 hrs - you will get a shot.

Not quite sure where the 'misleading' is.

Respectfully,

fareview

The others if you have a little i.e. under 500 hrs - you will get a shot.

The requirements I posted are from Vietnam Airlines, no shot I'm afraid, you either have the 500 hours and are current, or you don't get an interview. When I saw your blanket statement I felt it was misleading, I can only speak for Vietnam Airlines.

Respectfully SAO

Last edited:
Negitives - a little anti-Americanism from the Brits and Aussies (They don't like our politics and think our road to an ATP is a farce.), and a somewhat difficult check and training system.

That is a SERIOUS problem as most Americans I know who've been over there stated. Either they hate the place after the interview, or after a few months on line. One guy told me "Every flight is like a checkride". It's sad since there are probably FAR more Britons working in the US than any Americans working for them.. Very unprofessional if you ask me.

"Every flight is like a checkride".

Not even close to the truth. Just to add... The freighter flying is so laid back it's not even funny. Some guys ar known to delay the push back so they can finish their meals etc.. On the pax side it's a little differnt due to the OTP considerations. But I gurantee you it is not diffrent from any US airline.

Last edited:
Not even close to the truth.

I would like that to be the truth, trust me as I'd love to put in an app, but I've heard it first hand from quite a few. Sad, since their pay is good, and their QOL seems also to be quite nice.

BTW... here is a good opportunity if you've got enough heavy crew time:

Department: Flight Operations
Expiry Date: 31/12/2007

Description:

Join the worlds fastest growing Airline, Etihad Airways the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, based in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi.

Etihad Airways sets out to be creative and innovative airline designed to meet the demands of a rapidly changing world. Our whole philosophy is built around the needs of our guest. We strive to provide a level of service, which will consistently meet and exceed our guest’s expectations.

Etihad Airways currently operates 23 aircraft including the latest generation of Airbus A330-200s, A340- 500s and B777-300s. Etihad will take further delivery of
A340-500, A340-600s, A330-200 in 2007 and the revolutionary A380 super jumbo in which is expected to join the fleet in 2009. Etihad Airways flies to North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Far East.

Qualifications:

A minimum of 2500 hours total flying time and
A minimum of 1000 hours on multi crew jet aircraft in excess of 60000 kgs and
ICAO ATPL,valid licence and medical
Must be current
Maximum age limit is 56 years old and
English Language Fluency ( written and verbal )
Preference would be given to candidates with Boeing 777 experience
The hours mentioned above shall be on powered fix wing aircraft only

Salary & Benefits:

Starting salary of AED 24500 or USD 6655 per month for First officers and an annual salary increment of AED 500 per month.

Flight duty allowance of AED 40 per flying hour.

Meal allowance during layovers as per the following rates:

-Middle East/ GCC/ Sub Continent AED 12 per hour

-Asia/ Far East AED 15 per hour

-Africa/ Australasia AED 18 per hour

-Europe/ Americas AED 23 per hour

Benefits:

Housing allowance up to AED 115000

(Or)

Company provided housing depending on availability

(Or)

The oppertunity to take advantage of our innovative "Rent to buy" house purchase programme.

Education allowance of AED 25000 for primary and AED 35000 for secondary up to 4 children from the ages of 4 up to 19 years old.

42 Days annual leave.
Staff travel benefits.
End of service benefits.
Accidental and life insurance benefits.

The above is subject to change without prior notice

I would like that to be the truth, trust me as I'd love to put in an app, but I've heard it first hand from quite a few.
So basically you are calling me a liar?

BTW I have been here just over 10 years and over the time I have heard quite a few stories about what is/was going on over at CX. Some of them true but most of them just plain bull... And your claim about "Every flight is like a checkride" I have never heard before.

If you need some honest insight feel free to PM me.

Latest resources

Back