Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO

Removed on request, but I HIGHLY urge you to contact your reps about the snapshots that were removed from the internal forum previously.

Last edited:
Well that didn't take you long there ole Lear70.. Why did you take them down? You said you'd leave them up if SWAPA took them down?? I will withhold judgement until an entire TA is presented to us.. That being said, it appeared that 12 year CA rate was in excess of the 2015 American rate for the 737.. How much more than American will it take to "not suck".. Just curious..

Were they close to the DL TA numbers before that thing was REJECTED?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I hope Lear isn't referring to the numbers posted last fall. The were a wopping 0,1,2,1 or something like that from the company and 2,2,2,2 from the swapa both ridiculous

Hey redflyer, you ready to eat that crow yet?

Well that didn't take you long there ole Lear70.. Why did you take them down? You said you'd leave them up if SWAPA took them down?? I will withhold judgement until an entire TA is presented to us.. That being said, it appeared that 12 year CA rate was in excess of the 2015 American rate for the 737.. How much more than American will it take to "not suck".. Just curious..
Got a call from one of the Execs, and although I disagree with the premise, I'm going to try to have a little faith, although the last time I did that with Southwest management it bit me (and every AAI CA) in the a$$.

That said, to answer your question, for it to not to "suck", you'll have to:

1. Address the fact that ALL SWA F/O's at the bottom 1/3 of the seniority list will make $1.5-$2.0 Million LESS than the top 2/3 of the list due to stagnating upgrade times. No longer 5-7 years, more like 15-20.
2. Bring rates that are MORE than COLA IF we're going to give up anything in our CBA to get them. COLA is a 100% given in this economic environment without giving up a d*mn thing. If you don't believe this, you're part of the problem.
3. Make the 2013 and 2014 rates that Retro will be geared off of at LEAST equal to cola. By starting out lower than COLA those years then bumping up in 2015, when Retro is geared off 2013 and 2014, it's not rocket science to realize that they're not giving us full Retro accounting for inflation.

Lastly, for your last question, your math is wrong.

American 12 year 737CA is $228 per Trip. Converted to TFP @ 1.167 is $266.08 per trip, but now apply it to an average line holder.

$228 TFP * 90 hours (avg guarantee) is $20,520
$266.08 / Hr * 78 hours (line holder guarantee at AA) is $20,754.24 per month

So no, it's not better than American, and the F/O rates are even less comparable.

Not to mention they get a LOT more in retirement than we do.

It may be good enough for you at the top of the food chain, but for the rest of us, it's unacceptable.

I hope Lear isn't referring to the numbers posted last fall. The were a wopping 0,1,2,1 or something like that from the company and 2,2,2,2 from the swapa both ridiculous

No, the ones that were snapshotted yesterday from the SWAPA site when the IT people made an error and accidentally posted the calculator to the negotiations tab on the main page.

There's a sticky at the top of the crappy internal forum about it.

Latest resources

Back