• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA hiring info...or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This may be kind of an obvious observation...and maybe someone has already stated it: If a -800 carries upwards of 50 more pax per jet than the -300s being replaced, then couldn't you vastly expand your seats availiable without adding a single new pilot. The point is, this appears to be just adding seats without adding jets and therefore requiring zero new operators (except flight attendants).

That sir you are right.

This may be kind of an obvious observation...and maybe someone has already stated it: If a -800 carries upwards of 50 more pax per jet than the -300s being replaced, then couldn't you vastly expand your seats availiable without adding a single new pilot. The point is, this appears to be just adding seats without adding jets and therefore requiring zero new operators (except flight attendants).

You are the master of the supremely obvious! Shedding light where there is NO darkness!!:rolleyes:

You are the master of the supremely obvious! Shedding light where there is NO darkness!!:rolleyes:

Well, excuse me! I noticed it hadn't really been brought up. And, I figure some people waiting in the pool might not have noticed that a smaller jet is probably going to be replaced with a jet that carries 25-30% more folks therefore allowing the company to grow by a significant amount all while those in the pool have their wait times extended indefinitally.

I didn't realize that those people in the pool had already figured out that their time in the pool just got a quite bit longer.

Well, excuse me! I noticed it hadn't really been brought up. And, I figure some people waiting in the pool might not have noticed that a smaller jet is probably going to be replaced with a jet that carries 25-30% more folks therefore allowing the company to grow by a significant amount all while those in the pool have their wait times extended indefinitally.

I didn't realize that those people in the pool had already figured out that their time in the pool just got a quite bit longer.

Did I miss an official announcement from SWA about -800? I forgot you are "golf buddies" with GK and know all.:laugh:

Did I miss an official announcement from SWA about -800? I forgot you are "golf buddies" with GK and know all.:laugh:

I'm not, but one friend pratically is. I have another buddy there that is VERY senior and he's actually the one who brought this up. He's a big player there. In fact, he's one of the guys who changed the retirement law.

Well, that figures. One of your buds was instrumental in f#$%ing the rest of us.

Us? Are you including the mouse in your back pocket?;):laugh::blush:

Shocking, I tell you!!
No kidding. Are you forgetting you bought your job and still don't work for swa? MORON!

Hey Scope! My plan is to get hired at Delta, get on the 737 and get the type. Then I'll drop them (and their Mesa like pay) and get on at SWA and make some money. That way I get a free type and then get on with a major.

I like any post that says Southwest and Hiring.... even if it does include 2011 in it somewhere. :)

Latest resources

Back