Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible ************************* New Hires???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLing

So last night I decide to purchase a last minute red eye flight out of LAS to come home. I hadn’t been home in three months thanks to a CFI job from hell. So I lucked out and found a cheap flight that left five hrs after I decided to buy it.

I'm waiting at the gate and there are three dorks talking about flying. It was obvious that they were having a study session. They were talking about things like calculating MAC, the movement of center of pressure, mach tuck, The CRJ fuel system, differences between the CRJ-200 and 700....They also had what looked to be some CRJ study material as well.

To me it sounded like they were either new hires or prepping for an interview. So as the flight is boarding, I go up and ask them who they fly for. They all looked at me like a dear caught in the headlights. They start to stutter and fumble around for a while. Finally two of them say that they are "just private pilots" and that they fly together. I asked them if they were just "private pilots," why they were so interested on memorizing info on the CRJ. Once again, I didn’t get a clear answer.

After a while, the two "private pilots" tell me that the third guy almost got to fly a CRJ. So I probed the third guy as to what that meant. Apparently he was hired by Pinnacle, but "quit" in the middle of training because he didn’t want to be away from home so much. To me it sounded like he washed out.

I know that I am just a CFI, but prior to being a CFI, I worked on the ground for two different regionals for a combined total of three years. I know this industry pretty well. I know a lot of people and feel that I have a pretty good idea as to what goes on at the regional level, which is why I feel I can make a post on this subject.

Something wasn’t right with these guys. Who the hell sits at the gate and has a group study session on the CRJ-700 especially when you are "just a private pilot." These guys where not proud of themselves and had something to hide. I smelled *************************s all over them, and it smelled like a$$!

Probably a dumb question, but I've seen people use ***********s alot on here. Who does it supposed to represent? Mesa? *************************s?

Ok, I think this forum just answered the question for me. I typed the correct name for gojerks, and it came out *****************s after I posted. Hmmmmm

Sub Sonic said:
Ok, I think this forum just answered the question for me. I typed the correct name for gojerks, and it came out *****************s after I posted. Hmmmmm
Yup. For some reason, the Powers That Be here at ol' Flightinfo seem to feel that by censoring that name, we'll quit talking about it or something. Didn't work out too well.

I really don't see why the name of an airline would be banned. g0jets

and to comment on the original post... I've never known a pilot, especially a regional new hire, to NOT talk about their profession in detail when you show the slightest bit of interest. Like the joke goes - how do you tell a pilot is at a party? He'll tell you. Something does stink.

Last edited:
let me try...

GoeJets

JoGets

Joan Jett

threegreen said:
I really don't see why the name of an airline would be banned. g0jets

and to comment on the original post... I've never known a pilot, especially a regional new hire, to NOT talk about their profession in detail when you show the slightest bit of interest. Like the joke goes - how do you tell a pilot is at a party? He'll tell you. Something does stink.

I agree 100% but why the heck would three guys be studying the CRJ-700 with great enthusiasm, but when asked who they fly for, lower their heads with shame? Because they have something to hide like g0jets!

and your reason for knowing is????

What business was it of yours to know what or why they were talking about something? It sounds like you are the jerk, they werent bothering you.

crxpilot said:
What business was it of yours to know what or why they were talking about something? It sounds like you are the jerk, they werent bothering you.

Getting some p on the webcam?

Latest resources

Back