Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible ************************* New Hires???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crxpilot said:
What business was it of yours to know what or why they were talking about something? It sounds like you are the jerk, they werent bothering you.

Thank You! And what if they were GJ newbies?!?! Get over it and get a real job!

PCL_128 said:
Quite possible. We did have a newhire leave during training (no, he didn't wash out) and go to HoJets not too long ago. He would probably be in the early stages of training now at HoJets.

Probably left for better options in view of the instability at NWA and its affiliates. Maybe he met Terry Mefford and got scared, I would!

By the way, is Terry even qualified in the CRJ?!? Maybe he just takes pictures in his uniform for air inc mags : )

jetfo said:
Probably left for better options in view of the instability at NWA and its affiliates. Maybe he met Terry Mefford and got scared, I would!

By the way, is Terry even qualified in the CRJ?!? Maybe he just takes pictures in his uniform for air inc mags : )

I hardly consider HoJets to be a better option, but he'll be the one to suffer the consequences.

Yep, Terry is qualified in the CRJ, but he's only 2 years from retirement now (thankfully). I don't know how long it's been since he's actually flown the line. When I first got here a few years ago he was flying every month, but I think that has stopped since we've gotten bigger.

I think you're right on Bling. These guys were ashamed to admit their affiliation with HoJets, otherwise they would have been more than candid with you as to why they were studying this material at the gate.

You never can be too sure, however. This industry, along with several others I've been in (including the USN) has its share of douchebags. You just have to brand them as such, move on with a laugh and avoid them if possible.

Fortunately, as much as Pinnacle sucks, the "D-Bag quotient" is extremely low and a better pilot group cannot be found. Perhaps that is because we know we are getting our a$$es beat and nobody would stick with the job if they:

1) have the elitist attitude of a primadonna
2) didn't absolutely love flying

Guess you could say we're the "mutts of aviation" which reminds me of the scene in "Stripes" when Bill Murray puts his hand on the guys nose and says "of course he's a mutt, his nose is cold!" ha ha

I don't doubt this story, but I doubt these were GJ pilots.

The last class of the 1st 100 GJ pilots are just finishing sim training now and starting IOE. It is highly unlikely that there are any GJ pilots in studying in LAS. Maybe STL yes.... But LAS NO.

Also, GJ only has 700's only. I doubt that GJ pilots would be talking about 200 and 700 differences as the story says.

They were probly ERAU or ASU CFIs or students going heading back from christmas break.

Agreed. They were probably ATP or some type of RegionalAirlineAcademy people who were going through the super accelerated deal. I don't think the people at Gyjets know enough to be ashamed, eh? :) The only people who wouldn't answer the question would be terrorists or people who fly for no airline.

<<I hadn’t been home in three months thanks to a CFI job from hell.>>

It's always funny to hear of someone's CFI job from hell!

I agree. No way any Go Jet pilots could afford to go to LAS.

Latest resources

Back