• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible DL hiring in 2014?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance for an average mil heavy dude with plenty of letters of rec getting a shot or will this end up being mostly flow throughs and whatever deal Pinnacle gets?

In a word, yes. Pinnacle guys only get a guaranteed interview, no guarantee of a job. I don't have the exact numbers, but there are restrictions on the flow rate out of compass and mesaba, so they can't fill the new hire classes. I'd expect that out of a full year of hiring, at least half will be off the street. The first couple of months will be heavy with flows and voluntary furlough returns, but after that you'll see lots of true new hires.

Does DAL still have a "once-in-a-lifetime" interview policy? I interviewed back in '98.

DAL has not changed any policies yet. Wait for active interviewing to occur to see if any policy changes.

Most will be furlough-bypass and flows from 9E and CPS. After that you will see off the street combined with the flows.

I think the flow #'s are 20 CZ and 9 XJ per class and CZ is limited to 100 flows a year. If we hire as posted here, CZ would be maxed out after 5 classes. More than 1/2 will be off the street if we hire as advertised. I just finished up 5 weeks in ATL fo 7ER class and there were no talks or rumors or hiring. I hope this is true!

Latest resources

Back