Possible DL hiring in 2014?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
21.C.7.B.1

A furloughed pilot may only return to duty in conjunction with a subsequent recall OR new hire class.

I.e., The company can recall pilots, but they may not return unless the company initiates the process. There is no requirement for even one new hire.

Last edited:
Compass can only flow 25% of its seniority list every calender year. Right now that would be around 110 or so. But Compass also has the right to hold back the pilots with flow back for 90 days. Rumor is DAL will just send out their flow letters 90 days early this time since last time we flowed it screwed up their training plans. Guess we'll see.

Compass can only flow 25% of its seniority list every calender year. Right now that would be around 110 or so. But Compass also has the right to hold back the pilots with flow back for 90 days. Rumor is DAL will just send out their flow letters 90 days early this time since last time we flowed it screwed up their training plans. Guess we'll see.

25 percent of its captains annually and that is 50 Per year or around that I thought
They have 200 captains total

Correct?

no, he said 25% of the seniority list. There was no mention of it only being captains

no, he said 25% of the seniority list. There was no mention of it only being captains

Don't you have to be a Capt to flow? I thought the requirement was a min of 30somethings months of service and must be a Captain? Can't recall for sure.

Don't you have to be a Capt to flow? I thought the requirement was a min of 30somethings months of service and must be a Captain? Can't recall for sure.

It doesn't really matter because all of the flow eligible pilots can hold captain.

But yes, you are correct.

And to someone typing something above about 25%, it's of the total seniority list, not total captains. So 25% of ~450.

21.C.7.B.1

A furloughed pilot may only return to duty in conjunction with a subsequent recall OR new hire class.

I.e., The company can recall pilots, but they may not return unless the company initiates the process. There is no requirement for even one new hire.

Furlough and Furlough Bypass are different are they not? No one is on furlough that has not been offered recall. All are on furlough bypass.

Ref PWA 21 C.7
A pilot who has bypassed recall will be subject to the following:
a. he will be ineligible to receive furlough pay,
b. he may only return to duty:
1) in conjunction with a subsequent recall or new hire class, and
2) if he has notified the Company in writing of his desire to accept recall at least 30
days in advance of the class date on which he wishes to return
Note one: The Company is not required to recall pilots in numbers greater than it deems necessary in a new-hire or recall class.
Note two: If there are more pilots who have bypassed recall that seek to return to duty than the Company has determined is required, such pilots will be returned to duty, in seniority order and prior to any new hire, in conjunction with Company scheduled new hire or recall classes,
and
c. his employment will be terminated if he does not return to duty within ten years from his date of furlough.

We have not pilots on furlough so we will not have "recall" classes, only new hire classes.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter because all of the flow eligible pilots can hold captain.

But yes, you are correct.

And to someone typing something above about 25%, it's of the total seniority list, not total captains. So 25% of ~450.

Maybe a compass pilot knows this for sure but wasn't there a requirement to be a captain for 12 months at compass first in the original agreement with NWA? Is it still in effect now?

Maybe a compass pilot knows this for sure but wasn't there a requirement to be a captain for 12 months at compass first in the original agreement with NWA? Is it still in effect now?

It said you had to have been with the company for 2 years or 18 months (I can't remember now), and be a Captain to be eligible to flow.

Latest resources

Back