• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible DL hiring in 2014?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RA didn't invest in PCL because he felt sorry for us. In my opinion he has decided the CRJ 900 is the regional plane he wants, and he now likes our cheap contract. In one year PCL with have a flow again with Delta. My reasoning, a flow costs him nothing, parking CRJ 900's because of no pilots costs him lot's of money.

... Yikes. You haven't read the thing yourself obviously, have you. You would be correct if you said we are not all being promised jobs, but we are promised interviews and a number of Pinnacle pilots have to be in each class.

Look I'm not saying that a lawyer couldn't find a way out of the SSP (or whatever the hell we are calling it) but you're either silly or ignorant to the agreement if you believe the quoted txt.

You know what? You're right and I was wrong. I did not read it. I heard with my own ears from the Delta Crew Resources guy who said they were only guaranteed interviews. I should have learned my lesson on listening to management types a long time ago. I'll be glad to see a bunch of new hires, no matter the source.

RA didn't invest in PCL because he felt sorry for us. In my opinion he has decided the CRJ 900 is the regional plane he wants, and he now likes our cheap contract. In one year PCL with have a flow again with Delta. My reasoning, a flow costs him nothing, parking CRJ 900's because of no pilots costs him lot's of money.

Where do you think they'll find cheap ATP qualified labor to replace those flows? Without that, there will be no flow ups if RA wants to keep those planes flying.

Here is how it could work. A pilot gets hired at Pinnacle with constant movement an upgrade comes within 2-3 years. They are seat locked for 24 months and then off to Delta. A regional contract with low wages can work as long as there is movement. In the grand scheme of things a couple of years of low wages as an FO with a flow is worth more than a couple of extra bucks at the beginning of your career. That will be the only way PCL will be able to staff this airline.

Pncl will be gone after the 2015 dci rate reset.

Here is how it could work. A pilot gets hired at Pinnacle with constant movement an upgrade comes within 2-3 years. They are seat locked for 24 months and then off to Delta. A regional contract with low wages can work as long as there is movement. In the grand scheme of things a couple of years of low wages as an FO with a flow is worth more than a couple of extra bucks at the beginning of your career. That will be the only way PCL will be able to staff this airline.

That promise has been sold over and over again. Only now they need ATP holders to believe it, not a naive kid with a brand new commercial ticket.

Exactly. And AMR would have needed two training cycles. One for the Eagle flow to AA and another for his replacement at Eagle. Far cheaper to hire outsiders and thats what they did. If Delta continues owning 9E, the same thing becomes a problem.

Ask Eagle how a flow worked out.

Why didn't Delta give Comair a flow? Those CRJ900s went around didn't they?

Jesus. The flows were a NWA thing, not a Delta thing. That's why Comair didn't get one. The Compass one was an agreement between the union and the airline because the E-jets were outside the NWA scope. They all had to flow up, but Compass was the furlough protection (partial) in case NWA furloughed as a result of the 175's. At Compass up to 80 or 90% could be pushed out to accommodate the NWA guys. Mesaba's was completely different in organization and allowed them to flowback only after one of ours flowed up 1:1. We got less seats in class but our whole SLI couldn't be dumped overnight when NWA chose to furlough. None of that happened obviously.

Ask how the Compass flow went Flyer, everyone on property the day of sale flows to Delta. Plus the guys who have flown for Mesaba and will continue to. Flows aren't perfect and maybe they'll never come back but let's at least try to keep to facts here.

Also, if you're going to make crap up, do a better job.

You know what? You're right and I was wrong. I did not read it. I heard with my own ears from the Delta Crew Resources guy who said they were only guaranteed interviews. I should have learned my lesson on listening to management types a long time ago. I'll be glad to see a bunch of new hires, no matter the source.

It's no problem. With flyer making things up as he goes I was trying to keep some of this grounded in reality. Didn't mean to pick on you or anything.

New hires are nice right? Means everyone is moving on up!

Latest resources

Back