Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Positives and Negatives of getting hired by Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude,

Good news secondhand hot off the press... The FedEx CP plans to alter past policy and allow applications from pilots currently employed at major / all airlines effective with the next group of meet and greets. Some advice:

1. Listen to your OpsO.
2. Do your level best to get hired anywhere and everywhere ASAP.
3. Should UPS or FedEx offer you a job drop everything, ATL or not, go fly boxes and never look back.

Left to left, spooldaddy

You said it yourself, getting hired at one of the freight outfits is a slow process. Take the Delta job if they offer it. Run like he!! when a better offer comes along. The airlines loyalty to you should be your loyalty to the airline. Good luck! May every interview result in a job offer!:beer:

From interview to class for me was 8 weeks, but it could have been 6 weeks if I had been able to take the first class offered at UPS.

Hi!

Capt. MegaDeath:

Guitar Hero II.

If u don't have PS2, it is worth buying one just to play GHII. I'm sure you'ld love the music selection.

cliff
MCI
PS-I play it some, and it's fun, but I like Gran Turismo 4 and the WWII shooters better.

Cliff,

What else did your parents get you for Christmas?

Positive-its a job
negatibve-its at, Usair, I mean delta.

Hi!

Oh-Ryan:
Actually, we (my CEO and I) bought GH 2 for the younger one and Call of Duty III for the older one. Then the younger one used his own money to buy a 2nd, wireless controller for GH 2. We usually get them each a game for XMas.

My folks never bought any of us any video game stuff. My bro and sis and I had to save our own money for the $250 it cost to get Atari in 1979. We loved that console.

My CEO did get me an awesome iPod for Xmas. Wow, was I surprised!

I'll be buying PS3 later this year (have to get the Ok from the CEO).

I'm pretty excited 'cause I just passed 900 PIC jet, so I'll get to enter the running soon for a bunch of great jobs.

Have A Nice Day!
cliff
GRB

Dude - run SCREAMING from passenger ops; instead, work your buddy network to get hired by the box boys. That's where the future lies. The passenger airline world will never get back to where it was in the glory years. We may get a small % back, but inflation has eroded our earnings so badly, well, we are at best a middle class profession with a bleak future.

Besides, the FA's are all old, and fall into one of the following categories:

1) Married; unwilling to play.
2) Weird Woman, lives alone with multiple cats.
3) Divorced Psycho woman with bad collagen lips and a desperate look.

I agree with the first paragraph but not with the second group of points. I'm at CAL and they are hiring over 1000 new FA's this year (and have already hired a ton in the past 18 months). I'm not saying its one big party like Girls Gone Wild but I think the "scene" is a tad different at CAL than over at AA...demographics are changing on the pilot side as well.

-Neal

You're correct. New Hire FA's can be a hoot. I haven't seen a new hire FA at AA in over 10 years.

But I'd STILL recommend FEDEX over any existing passenger operation!

You're correct. New Hire FA's can be a hoot. I haven't seen a new hire FA at AA in over 10 years.

But I'd STILL recommend FEDEX over any existing passenger operation!

I just flew a trip with 3 girls all under the age of 24. None of them had been with the company over 3 months. It was fun listening to them read their PA's. :)

-Neal

Southwest PM's. Kinda like girls gone wild!!!!!

Latest resources

Back