POOLIES: News from Jennifer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jules

Just spoke to Jennifer moments ago. She told me that it still looks like I'll be in the late April class, but nothing definite. I didn't pry into too much else. I'm pretty close to the bottom of the pool list, (typed 8 Jan) but still optimistic. Anyone else heard anything?

April Huh?

Hey Jules,

That sounds great to me. I just dove into the pool last Friday. I interviewed 7 Jan.

When Jennifer spoke with me she said to expect a six month wait for a class date.

If you're going in late April and are near the bottom, well you just made my day!

Keep posting those positive vibes!

WOW

That's great news, I spoke with her about a month ago and she slated me for April or May and I joined the pool Oct 31st. Just maybe I'll get the last March or early April class.

BTW how come not many on the pool list are scheduled for March 14th???

Before everyone getts too excited... I know that SWA has a history of "expediting" females through the process... I'm not saying it is right, wrong, or anything else... But I do know that they try to balance classes if they can, and that can "pull" someone up to a class date sooner. Actually, Jules, I don't even know if you are a female, just a guess.. but anyway, that's great news lets hope it keeps up!!

Another "pool" bottom feeder,

S.B.

Now I reaaallly don't get it!

I keep being told that I "won't make it in by April." Can someone shed some light on this??

Typed on Nov 6, 2001.

Regards,

RightBettor

No Negative vibes

Alright Starrbuck, lets cut out those negatives waves.

Repeat after me and chant for the rest of the night:"Jules is a guy, Jules is guy Jules is a..."

InHot,

I know, I know.. Wasn't trying to send any negative vibes, trust me.. And like I said, I wan't trying to engage a discussion on the merits of what I pointed out, just pointing out the facts before everyone goes "nuts" and wonders why they have been told "sometime early summer"...

Anyway I know it can be a sensitive topic, and I meant no offense to Jules or anyone else!!

No vibes, no vibes, no vibes, no vibes...

S.B.

JM info

I do not post often, however I just was looking over the pool list and wondering how Southwest really determines when you actually go to class. JM told me "it is looking like the late April class" for me. If that is the case then there are Tons of people that are not on the poolie list, or they simply give prefrence to other folks. I don't understand this at all, I wish someone on the inside could explain this. I joined the Pool Oct 22.

There are LOTS of folks not on the pool list. Don't begin to believe the list is anything official or has some extra merit than what it realistically can show. I know of many folks who don't know of this web site or even if they do, don't post their info on it. Again, the intent when it got going was to give a "rough" very rough, idea on where some folks stand. It was & is not meant to be definitive in any fashion or used to hang one's hopes/wishes on for knowing when the call will come. This reminder needs to be read everytime you go & look at that page IMHO. Not trying to say it doesn't have value, just don't put too much on to it or imply SWA endorses it, truly unscientific!

Latest resources

Back