• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Engineers to be Re-instated!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still curious to hear what (if any) effect this will have on the furloughed Polar pilots. Is there a chance they will be recalled?

HAL

It is OFFICIAL that the arbitrator awarded the Polar pilots for our "outsourcing" grievance. This entitles that all affected parties (downgraded Captains, furloughed F/O"s, and fired F/E's) should be made Whole. negotiations are on-going, and the final restitution package has not been announced as of yet. It is my understanding that the furloughed F/O's are, or will be placed back on the payroll.

Collect a paycheck and stay home.....A dream come true!!......Are you jealous??

Hey Shirley, Just wondering what Polar is going to do with their F/E’s if they have no 200’s to fly?

The FE's are going to come back, get awarded all of thier back pay for this whole mess, then they will get a severance check and sent on thier way! What else can be done? The Classics are not coming back to Polar. ;)

I would hope that Mr Flynn, the board of directors, DHL and whoever is financing the 74-8 aircraft order are paying close attention! Without a doubt this airline (actually its an outfit!) is by far the most dysfunctional organisation I have ever seen. Management still have a few moves from the Frank Lorenzo play book they inherited, indeed they wrote a few plays of their own in the margins! The chickens born of these tactics are starting to come home to roost and some are carrying SARS!

Latest resources

Back