• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Engineers to be Re-instated!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Conflicting info running around. Looks like it may only be the F/E's for now.

Lots of running around like chickens happening! :)

Could just mean they'd come back to a "furloughed" status rather than "terminated" in which case they would get 4-6 months pay??? Anyone?

My money is on your answer. I have a couple of small variations, but why bother since the info will be coming out soon.

Conflicting info running around. Looks like it may only be the F/E's for now.

Lots of running around like chickens happening! :)

This particular arbitration was only regarding the wrongful termination of the F/E's. Had nothing to do with the furloughed pilots.

So Polar has no more classics for the F/Es to come back to?

Atlas is still flying 3 seaters..?
Would the Polar F/Es go to the Atlas Classics then?

Just curious because several of the Polar guys got on with us, now they may be going back...Don't blame 'em.

Hope this will force my bosses to look at the pay and compensation package and perhaps up the numbers to keep people around.

So Polar has no more classics for the F/Es to come back to?

Atlas is still flying 3 seaters..?
Would the Polar F/Es go to the Atlas Classics then?

Just curious because several of the Polar guys got on with us, now they may be going back...Don't blame 'em.

Hope this will force my bosses to look at the pay and compensation package and perhaps up the numbers to keep people around.

I don't think anyone knows whats going to happen. It's in negiotiations at this point. The good news is, management will finally realize they can't just do what they want, ignoring contracts, without paying a price. As a result, they are now talking to the Polar union reps about a fix, be it cash, training, jobs back, and airplane shifts.... noone knows. It can still end up in arbitration, where the arbitrators decides.

My money is on your answer. I have a couple of small variations, but why bother since the info will be coming out soon.

U giving me too much credit Merc, I mean Cfire :D

To answer your question on another board, Not an FE, not @ TDX, and YES left PO before the (so predictable) storm :beer:

Don't let your vendetta blind you though. There are many surprises ahead for both pilot groups, not the most pleasant ones :(

Cheerios

This particular arbitration was only regarding the wrongful termination of the F/E's. Had nothing to do with the furloughed pilots.

Furloughfodder;

I believe you are mistaken. The word I have gotten is that Polar ALPA won the Alliance arbitration which effects both the pilots and FEs. The FE wrongful termination arbitration was cancelled due to the arbitrator's ruling on the Alliance arbitration.

I believe the company and the union have ten days to work out a deal.

U giving me too much credit Merc, I mean Cfire :D

To answer your question on another board, Not an FE, not @ TDX, and YES left PO before the (so predictable) storm :beer:

Don't let your vendetta blind you though. There are many surprises ahead for both pilot groups, not the most pleasant ones :(

Cheerios

I stand corrected. Is it now Focus?

As far as a vendetta, I'm only reacting to a vendetta.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back