• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo close to an AGREEMENT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The TA still needs to be ratified.....Besides, we lost 2 weeks of pay. The Co. lost millions... Perhaps when Atlas turn to bat comes up, the Co. will think twice before allowing another strike.... So wether you like-it or not (747-300), we indirectly did YOU GUYS a favor...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

"Besides, we lost 2 weeks of pay."

You also lost the respect of everyone in the industry. Stupid reason to strike. Stupid time to strike. Poor planning. Poor execution. Extremely poor decision to target Atlas crews the way you did. This thing was a f**k up, start to finish. You need to shut up, crawl back into the cockpit and hope the world will forget someday.

B747-300 said:
"Besides, we lost 2 weeks of pay."

You also lost the respect of everyone in the industry. Stupid reason to strike. Stupid time to strike. Poor planning. Poor execution. Extremely poor decision to target Atlas crews the way you did. This thing was a f**k up, start to finish. You need to shut up, crawl back into the cockpit and hope the world will forget someday.

At least they had some respect to lose, unlike yourself who never had any and never will. Your kind are a dime a dozen, and Atlas management can thank their lucky stars that scum like you have filled their ranks. Now they won't have to worry about a thing. Anytime they want to shove the hard one up your ass without any lube, you'll just bend over and say "PLEASE".

Then again, it's no wonder a "professional" like yourself ends up at a bottom-feeder outfit like Atlas anyway. No where else to go.

Yank very well put. Congrats Polar on getting it settled. From everything I hear Atlas is the one who probably lost the respect of the industry. Going around picket lines ? Having to be scolded by your MEC on the Vars several times to STOP crossing the picket lines. At least Polar had the balls to go on strike. It was however a nice half attempt by:puke: "-300" to blame Polar when Atlas is the one left with the ? mark.

Shame for some of you guys cause I know the majority of you are good guys. ( My sincere sympathy ) To simply have a guy like :uzi: ("-300") around to attempt to represent himself as part of your pilot group is a scary thing. What a tool !! I have friends at both companys. After talking to both it seems that the Polar guys, even with thier 10.5, and 3 % more 401 K match have probably have a better life than Atlas. Hey to each his own, there arent too many good gigs out there now days. Gotta make the best of it.

The way I see it, Polar is getting a 17.5% wage increase. Much better than the original 10.5% Cato offered before the strike. (10.5% Pay + 3% 401K Increase + 4% 401K Lump Sum Payout). Of course the 401K contributions are BEFORE TAX, so that could really bring it up to close to a 20% raise. ;)

Sorry you didn't get your wish -300. It must be strange for you to see a group of pilots with cojones that big, while you glance in the mirror at that empty sack of yours. Looks like Polar is here for the long run. I think they gained the respect of the entire industry over the last few weeks. While most airlines are taking huge pay cuts and losing their pensions , it is good to see a group stand up for what they believe in.

Now, when it comes time for your negotiations, you will see what it really means to 'stand united' when the Polar group comes to the plate for you!

BRAVO POLAR AIR PILOTS!!!! BRAVO!!!!!

PS - B747-300 please send you application for employment to Polar to D.C., I hear they will be hiring soon!

Last edited:
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

So.

The merger is back on.

There's more animosity than EVER between Atlas and Polar. Management has won again.

It seems to me this was the wrong strike at the wrong time for the wrong reasons and now everyone is going to pay for it.

Absolutely frickin' brilliant.

Thanks Polar.

Thanks for putting my name on a list.
Thanks for asking my friends at Polar what I look like.
Thanks for the phone call from a FedEx pilot in my hotel room.
Thanks for keeping me from performing MY job.

Let me repeat the last one....

Thanks for keeping ME from performing *MY* job.

I never performed anyone else's job. The judge ordered the suspension of all struck work rules and your airplanes sat idle.

Thanks a million.
Brilliant.

Jeez Mar, dunno what brought all that on, did you go around a line or something? (or appear to?)

Also part of the T/A includes that all Atlas pilots that were terminated or disiplined for honering the Polar lines be returned to work with no retributions against them.

They did get improvements from pre strike offer, just not in outright pay. Got all their fired people back and all the Atlas guys back.

Could it have used better planning? Yes
Did it garner a huge windfall? No.
Come on though, you gotta give the boys credit , in an age when every pilot group is bending over and taking it in the shorts they at least had the gonads to try to stop the landslide to the bottom.

Not one Polar guy crossed, full unity till the end, they refused to sell the junior guys out, they refused to leave the fired Atlas guys behind, they got some gains (even if it was small).

Considering that every airline out there lays down and wimpers like a puppy when mgmt. comes to the table nowadays, I think they did pretty good for a bunch of freight dogs working for an "Outfit"

Judging from what I have seen and read, I doubt that the Atlas group could maintain that level of Unity for 2 days, much less two weeks. Watching the Polar guys reminded me alot of the old days of ALPA.

Every revolution starts with one guy saying "No More" Maybe Polar was that one guy that sparks the rest to try to improve the crap situation in the industry. Lord knows it is not going to come from mgmt.

Last edited:
Any word on the contents of the TA? Airplanes returning? 'Fired' crew recalled?

HAL

Latest resources

Back