Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GogglesPisano said:
Why would ALPA turn down arbitration? I guess they expect to get a better deal on their own.

Still waiting patiently for a call.

Alaska Airlines is the example of what arbitration can do to you in this current environment.

No problem, thought it was a trick question. :D

furloughfodder said:
Don't forget, this press release is WRITTEN by Polar Management and released on www.atlasair.com.

The part about 10.5% pay bringing Polar to parity with Atlas is a straight-up lie. You can do the math yourself looking on airlinepilotpay.com. It would take over 23% pay increase to bring the Polar group up to the Atlas pay.

It's going to get ugly.

I couldn't agree with you more. As long as the company keeps this up the game of "Chicken" will continue.

Nice to see a pilot group with some cajones. I hope to be a part of that someday.

Good luck with PO

If things go the way the posturing is, PO will not be doing much hiring. Potential layoffs and planes to Atlas. Until there is one pilot group, management will keep playing one off the other.

Atlas Mangement is in the process today of notifying probationary crew members in the Polar side that they are FIRED. Atlas management is using this strategy during the 30 day cooling off period to strike fear into the pilot group.

There are about 50+ pilots at Polar that are still on probabtion, and they are all being fired as of today....just because they can.

Gotta love this biz.

Latest resources

Back