Plot to blow up planes foiled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
honeycomb said:
I'll tell you what I hate....Everyone is now (again) treated like the terrorists. (Like the CREWS/ALL YOUNG NON-ISLAMIC MEN.)

But, we can't not profile the Young Islamic Men that get on airplanes. Of course we got luck this time.

More people will stop flying.

Yah, we go through security with our uniforms on but with the one way ticket, we get the special search....and Achmed and gang roll right through no problems at all. Instead of treating all of us like terrorists, why not profile? Ive seen 80 year old ladies and 7 year old kids getting pulled over for the search but young middle eastern men go through with no problem. It's almost as if our society doesnt want to pull these folks over because we are trying to be so politically correct so as not to offend anyone not to mention that the civil rights activists are in a sense trying to prove that there is no problem with these folks. For the most part, that is probably true, but it's the few bad apples that ruin it for everyone else. Had this plot not been foiled, those few bad apples would have killed a lot of people and crippled aviation all over again.

How many airliners is it going to take to finally get some profiling going here? 10? 20? 50? When are we going to learn?

Great. Just in time for me to get to fly to California under all this crap. Makes me want to fly myself. If it weren't for maxing out at 120 knots, I would!

So, when deadheading or jumpseating not in uniform one must check bags to bring toothpaste now?

ACT700 said:
I hate to say it, but until people accept the fact that profiling is necessary, these idiots will have a free hand to do their thing.

Bingo! We have a winner!

less people will fly now due to fear...just like after Sept 11th...airlines will face more financial losses, etc etc. This industry SU*KS!!!! It can really mess up an economy by screwing with the airlines.

Flightjock30 said:
less people will fly now due to fear...just like after Sept 11th...airlines will face more financial losses, etc etc. This industry SU*KS!!!! It can really mess up an economy by screwing with the airlines.

Mmmm, maybe not so. British authorities must be doing something right. They communicate with one another.....a hard lesson that our friends at the CIA and FBI had to learn about post 911. But if everyone is doing their job, arresting the right folks and communicating as they should be, we passengers shouldnt be worried about getting on an american airliner and traveling. If we did some profiling, that would boost the publics confidence as well.

Crizz said:
So, when deadheading or jumpseating not in uniform one must check bags to bring toothpaste now?
Duh. Don't you know how DANGEROUS that stuff is? It has to be controlled!

*snicker*

ACT700 said:
I hate to say it, but until people accept the fact that profiling is necessary, these idiots will have a free hand to do their thing.
I agree...no reason whatsoever NOT to pull folks based on profile. The ACLU can kiss my A$$ on that one!

Latest resources

Back