• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plot to blow up planes foiled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God save the Queen and all English cuisine!

ACT700 said:
I hate to say it, but until people accept the fact that profiling is necessary, these idiots will have a free hand to do their thing.

I agree totally - I'm a statistician by trade so it befuddles me that there is no systematic profiling - just makes logical sense. I guess the argument against it is that then they'll attract non-arab looking folks to do their business. But other than black Muslims, I'm not sure who'd they get.

If that happens, I could totally see the guys from Super Troopers spoofing it.

"Hey Ramathorn, how many virgins are you going to end up with?"
"What's that all about?"
"They think I'm Arab."
"You're not?"

I don't hate it...

ACT700 said:
I hate to say it, but until people accept the fact that profiling is necessary, these idiots will have a free hand to do their thing.

I'll tell you what I hate....Everyone is now (again) treated like the terrorists. (Like the CREWS/ALL YOUNG NON-ISLAMIC MEN.)

But, we can't not profile the Young Islamic Men that get on airplanes. Of course we got luck this time.

More people will stop flying.

FN FAL, if you have the answers please step forward and save us.

pilotyip said:
FN FAL, if you have the answers please step forward and save us.
No, I think IKE said it best in his farewell to the union address on January 17, 1961.

FN FAL said:
No, I think IKE said it best in his farewell to the union address on January 17, 1961.

What an excellent speech - I'm teaching an International Politics class this Fall on the side and I'm definitely going to make it a discussion point for the students to read.

My favorite line ... "Good judgment seeks balance and progress; lack of it eventually finds imbalance and frustration."

Too bad our polarized government doesn't follow this idea.

Speaking of the military-industrial complex, I hear good things about this new movie "Why We Fight". Anyone seen it?

Murdoughnut said:
Speaking of the military-industrial complex, I hear good things about this new movie "Why We Fight". Anyone seen it?
I have, the nice thing about the movie was they were not picking on Republicans or Demorcrats in the film. However, it was interesting seeing the old footage of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam...

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/shakinghands_high.wmv

pilotyip said:
But the supposedly growing Anti-war momentum in this country will take care of all that. We will just say you guys win, and then they will leave us alone. It is all so beautiful and simple. I think a guy named Chamberlain, brought peace to England back in 1938 using the same methods.

ignorance is bliss

you must be extremely happy

Latest resources

Back