Please tell me that I am misunderstanding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lj1313

Please tell me that I am misunderstanding this post on the REGIONAL section of FI. There was a discussion about denying a jumpseat by a GJ crew. I placed a post that we all need to start being careful with who we deny JS's to because there are so many furloughies from both majors and regionals alike.

Then xjgearbtch posted this:

Shame on the furloughed guys going to gojet! They don't like getting furloughed then get mainline to recapture "their" flying. Until then we are fighting a race to the bottom at the regional level. If my FOM so to deny then I will deny. There are no clauses to help out a furloughed mainline pilot. They took that risk going there.

Am I misunderstanding his statement, or is this what we are becoming to each other? Please tell me it is just me being overly sensitive, because I hope that I am.

Sorry about the spelling and grammar.

Lamar Jones
IAH

post_old.gif
Today, 12:00 #40 xjgearbtch
Spongbob sucks

Civ/Mil: civil
A/C Flown: saab, Avro, Dash yomama
Ratings: ATP
Curr Position: on my back
Total Time: 5,000

Shame on the furloughed guys going to gojet! They don't like getting furloughed then get mainline to recapture "their" flying. Until then we are fighting a race to the bottom at the regional level. If my FOM so to deny then I will deny. There are no clauses to help out a furloughed mainline pilot. They took that risk going there.

Lamar,

Fact is that RJ's have been the vehicle of destruction for 1,000's of major airline pilot jobs in the past 20 years. Another fact is there are 1,000's more guys who will fly them for less than the last guy.

Capice?
Gup

Lamar,

Fact is that RJ's have been the vehicle of destruction for 1,000's of major airline pilot jobs in the past 20 years. Another fact is there are 1,000's more guys who will fly them for less than the last guy.

Capice?
Gup

Fact is that without getting previous 121 time you you'll have a very slim chance to be hired by SWA or any other legacy carrier. On the other side of the pond I see RJs in Euroland and see their copilots bringing home approx up to 4500/month.

Blame it on the RJ and their pilots. Like we really had a choice.

Fact is that without getting previous 121 time you you'll have a very slim chance to be hired by SWA or any other legacy carrier. On the other side of the pond I see RJs in Euroland and see their copilots bringing home approx up to 4500/month.

Blame it on the RJ and their pilots. Like we really had a choice.

You should have flown traffic, or freight, or CFI for 10,000 hours. It's all RJ pilots' fault!

Lamar,

Capice?
Gup

Gup-

Yes agreed!

Lamar Jones

Lamar,

Capice?
Gup

Mainline is who allowed RJ's to be flown by another senority list. The blame lies squarely on mainline for any of it's own "destruction" Get all flying under mainline senority regardless of aircraft type. That is the only way to fix the downward spiral we have.

Not Quite

No interest at the major level for this to happen.

I wouldn't say "no interest" just not enough to suffer actual pain (unless it is inflicted upon someone else) in the process.

I actually like FI now that I pulled the D-ring.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rum

Latest resources

Back