• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please tell me that I am misunderstanding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should have flown traffic, or freight, or CFI for 10,000 hours. It's all RJ pilots' fault!

I don't think you can get more than 1500 hours CFI and stay sane...

Last edited:
Go Jets is a different form of the beast. They are an alter ego of trans states airlines who has been successful in keeping the seniority lists seperate- unlike republic which managed to integrate chautaqua and shuttle america-

I personally have no problem denying a J/S to them- they used to sneak on our a/c with the gate agents help-using jumpseat privileges w/o a reciprocal agreement in place. I was not a reciprocating Nazi- but in this case... I didn't feel the need to go out of my way and undercut our industry's ability to negotiate -

I'm not up on the latest, but at the time - allowing them free rides, a major benefit to being at a legitimate carrier- was really viewed as undercutting TSA's leverage towards getting the planes flown by the right list.

Unless you all think Lorenzo type activity is alright- it's a no brainer to deny them.

ALPA is to blame on the RJ's and not having a national seniority list decades ago.

Agreed.

But when we could have (actually should have would be better) did anyone know what the state of the industry would be? Deregulation, influx of LLC's and regionals flying internationally? Heck for that matter, did any of us know that a regional carrier would have ever flown a jet in commercial service? It seems like I can actually rememebr when the term "regional" carrier did not exist. You had "mainline" (mostly Legacy) and you has "commuter".

This industry has so fluid now. Its hard for me to keep up with who the good guys and bad guys are.

LJ
IAH

Latest resources

Back