• Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
erj

That right there was funny, I don't care who you are!!:) And it is also utterly true. Thanks for the laugh, these guys are killing me!!

agpilot34 said:
Some states call it DUI, some call it DWI...

DUI- Driving under the influence

DWI- Driving while intoxicated

there's really no difference, although pretty much each state's law is written a little dfferently.
Kind of hard to get drunk pilots flying airplanes with a DWI. Maybe OMVWI or OWI will do.

agpilot34 said:
Some states call it DUI, some call it DWI...

DUI- Driving under the influence

DWI- Driving while intoxicated

there's really no difference, although pretty much each state's law is written a little dfferently.

Actually there is, but it is slight. Many states changed from DWI to DUI in order to include driving while under the influence of drugs as well as alcohol. Generally intoxicated tended to connote alcohol, but I suppose one could be intoxicated by drugs as well.

You are correct. Our state law includes alcohol, drugs, and other intoxicating substances under the same statute, but some do not.

Dakota Flyer said:
The reason I need this information in print is to give to the States Atourney. He has already informally agreed to drop it to a Reckless but my lawyer thinks it would be a good idea to provide him with this info.

It seems Dakota is talking out of both sides of his mouth here. Didn't he say later that the info wasn't for him, and that he knew better? This sounds like he is looking for the information for his lawyer. Looks to me like he wants to play on the sympathy of the DA to get him to reduce the charge to Reckless. "Poor me Mr State's Attorney, if you don't reduce this I can kiss my aviation career goodbye." Dork

Wow, I can't believe all the interesting posts! This is one good reason why I'm glad I'm not a pilot! I think I'm number 67 on this thread! (take a number Please)

DMD is Driving miss daisy
FWD is Flying while Dizzy!
OLD is Old Lady Driving!
DTSU is Driving totally screwed up!

Oh well, we try, we fly, we try to be nice (sometimes) for anyone reading, don't take things so seriously, life is too short for that!

Happy Turkey day everyone!
Ps, drink alot with your meal you'll feel better.
thanks for the thread and letting me read.
MissKittyKat!

kaj837 said:
It seems Dakota is talking out of both sides of his mouth here. Didn't he say later that the info wasn't for him, and that he knew better? This sounds like he is looking for the information for his lawyer. Looks to me like he wants to play on the sympathy of the DA to get him to reduce the charge to Reckless. "Poor me Mr State's Attorney, if you don't reduce this I can kiss my aviation career goodbye." Dork
Who cares which side of his mouth he talks out of. If he gets the ticket reduced, he gets the ticket reduced.

Believe it or not, it happens all the time.

Latest resources

Back