Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please help a fellow union brother not SCAB.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also planned on being a corporate pilot. My degree is in business and I was affiliated with a Fortune 500 company during my first career. When I began flying I planned on parlaying my business experience into a corporate Fortune 500 gig. Needless to say that didn't happen. All throughout my flying career I understood that you have to adapt and take flying jobs where they presented themselves. I can only assume you found yourself in a similar position.

You had to understand that you may end up in your current situation. I find it hard to believe that someone with the experience required to attain the job you accepted did not know what they were getting themselves in to. You took the job and seem like you enjoy it. Suck it up and embrace the union or quit if that is too much for you. If you continue down the road you are currently on the job and your fellow employees will become unbearable. You can't change the direction of your current work environment, embrace it or move on if you can't face the alternative.

What you say is reasonable. I just wish unions could do their thing without intimidating those members who disagree sometimes with the leadership.

I don't know anything about your union and who is leading it, so I can't comment on whether they're radicals or not. I do agree with you that far too often, radicals do get control, and it's certainly not a good thing. The only reason we ended getting screwed so badly at AirTran was because a group of radicals got control of the MEC, put people in positions who had no idea what they were doing, and then they got completely steamrolled by a management team that did know what it was doing. So I sympathize if you're dealing with radical know-nothings.

But regardless, a union is a democracy. The "right" side doesn't always win in a democracy. Sometimes the people demand something that isn't in their best interest. And they are entitled to do so. It's their choice. If you happen to wind up on the losing side, you have to suck it up and go along with what the democratic process has dictated. I can't stand the fact that we spend hundreds of billions of dollars on military waste, but I can't simply refuse to pay my taxes because of it. I have to go along with what the democratic process has determined, even if I don't like it. Striking is no different. You may disagree with your fellow pilots on the decision that they've made, but they've made it democratically, so it's your duty to accept it and make the best of it. Stabbing everyone else in the back is not an option.

Another reasonable post. It's just the union coercion I dislike. Anyway, I have shot my bolt, said what I came here to say. Thanks to all, truly, for the passionate and often enlightening conversation on this thread. I also received several very nice private messages, thanks for those also.

Another reasonable post. It's just the union coercion I dislike. Anyway, I have shot my bolt, said what I came here to say. Thanks to all, truly, for the passionate and often enlightening conversation on this thread. I also received several very nice private messages, thanks for those also.

We look forward to you getting involved in your own union and have questions answered on that message board too.

Also those free tickets for the picket are still available. Look forward to seeing you there supporting your fellow brothers on the line.

Let him cross. And let him pay the price.

And I would say de-friend him. Because unless he is willing to correct his stubborn and childish thinking, he is the kind of person who will rat out a fellow pilot, or cut side deals with the company (go around the contract, etc.).

He is already lost. Make it socially uncomfortable and he will soften.

Let him cross. And let him pay the price.

And I would say de-friend him. Because unless he is willing to correct his stubborn and childish thinking, he is the kind of person who will rat out a fellow pilot, or cut side deals with the company (go around the contract, etc.).

He is already lost. Make it socially uncomfortable and he will soften.

You need to actually read my posts. I do NOT plan to scab.

We look forward to you getting involved in your own union and have questions answered on that message board too.

Also those free tickets for the picket are still available. Look forward to seeing you there supporting your fellow brothers on the line.

Who/where are you picketing?

Who/where are you picketing?

In addition to some short-notice "flash picketing" at certain events (Phoenix last weekend during the Super Bowl), our next MAJOR event is the Berkshire Hathaway stockholders meeting in Omaha the first weekend in May.

I will be there with many other colleagues carrying a sign to raise the awareness of BH stockholders and perhaps Mr. Buffett himself as to the damage being done to the NetJets brand by the poor decision making and failed "leadership" of CEO Jordan Hansell. Because, until he is removed from the equation, the future of our careers and our company is in serious jeopardy.

Latest resources

Back