• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane down in FL keys - 2 dead, 2 missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a few meetings occurred behind closed doors for the CFI's (of which i am not), so i dunno if there were any policy changes or not. but as for my instructor, i have noticed no change in the approach to my training.

V-STALL said:
Here is a link for you guys at Riddle who knew the pilot. http://www.relativeworkshop.com/Memorial/tribute_page.html

Outstanding web page. What an amazing way to pay tribute to the lives of these guys! They give us a perfect example of what it's like to live life to its fullest, and touch the lives of so many people in the process. My condolences to the families of these great human beings and let them be proud of the accomplishments of their loved ones who were sadly lost in this accident.

All four of them were in a 172? I guess it could handle it if it had the 200hp+ engine. Then again?

Nice tribute though, too bad, what a loss.

the aircraft had a 180hp engine. it was a standard SP

So can a 172 like that legally fly with that much weight? Those dudes in the tribute looked pretty big.

that was my initial thought. i first heard it was 4 women, then heard it was 3 guys and a gal. the useful load on this aircraft was about 835lbs. figure they also had luggage, and who knows what the aircraft was acting like? though it's not my place to speculate, my initial thoughts were they were overloaded. i'm interested to see what the NTSB final report will say. how long do accident reports typically take to come out? 6 months about average?

that tribute webpage was incredible. i wanted to sign it just to say i was sorry, but i really couldn't find the right words to say.

Latest resources

Back