Plane down in FL keys - 2 dead, 2 missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wheelsup said:
Well, this one has a 180 hp engine...so there must be different varients out there.

This one is not a Hawk XP because it doesn't have cowl flaps or a constant speed prop.

Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder if it's one of those proprietary names that a mod shop used when they put 180-horse Lyc's in straight 172's, like the Penn-Yan conversion.

flyifrvfr said:
This one is not a Hawk XP because it doesn't have cowl flaps or a constant speed prop.

AST Hawk Level 3 Flight Simulator. This is the only hawk that Epic advertises. I hope this isn't the crashed Hawk in question because I was hoping to use it tomorrow, that is if the parts of the simulator doesn't wash up on the beach.

gern_blanston said:
Might've just learned something. All the ones I ever flew had 195 stock, 210 or 220 modified.
Thus
or
thus.

They have 172's with 210HP? They must climb like a bottle rocket and carry anything you can shove in it, heck, that's just 25 HP less than my 182. Sweet!

Sorry to hear of another accident, everytime it takes something out of me.:(

Yeah, there's some mod you can do to get 210 or 220 out of 'em, and they go pretty good. The stocker'll do 125+ knots all day long.

gern_blanston said:
Yeah, there's some mod you can do to get 210 or 220 out of 'em, and they go pretty good. The stocker'll do 125+ knots all day long.
I bet the 220 could do 140 easy.

gern_blanston said:
The 172XP has a 195 hp Continental IO-360 6-cylinder with a constant speed prop.
There is an STC available to up the HP to 210. There have been quite a few of them that have been modified. It's essentially the same engine/airframe combo as the C172 the Air Force used.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back