• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's latest safety idea..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be a great idea if you could get it, but is it still the safest thing to do?

Especially after the Colgan crash. Really?

Exactly... you'd think that PT and CS would be tip-toeing around trying to make a good impression on the media, and then they go and pull crap like this. Un-freaking-believable.

PSA does it everyday. When i was there i flew the 200 all the time. When i flew the 700 it was always down to mins with a stiff crosswind at night. Its not a perfect situation but the FAA says its safe right?

Yes, they land very different with distinctly different sight pictures and techniques. If you try to land the 767 like you land the 757 you will at the least end up with some logbook writeups.

If you land the -900 like the -200 you won't have to deal with a log book write up because the aircraft will be flaming wreckage and your passengers will be hauled off in body bags.

I'm not saying that it can't be done but this is Pinnacle we are talking about here. We don't have the pilot group or corporate culture to do this safely. What's the corporate motto again? Never compromise $avings?

The actual flying of the a/c should not be a problem, we used to fly the DC 9 -10 thru -50 with out a problem. You should be able to handle the a/c if you have any skill level at all. However how are the FMC's set up, close to same ? This would be an issue to be looked into..

DON'T DO IT!!! In my opinion, it's NOT safe. 700/900 OK. Add -200, no way. You can get away with it in good conditions but they land quite differently - enough to bite you (and the other 52 people on board) when conditions go south. We've had at least one -200 overrun where the crew who had been flying the -700 expected different braking performance after a long float (also common in the -200 if you're not used to it). Company was mum, of course, but word got out.

Latest resources

Back