• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacles future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think most people are looking at this the way NWA handled Mesaba in the previous bankruptcy. My opinion that's a huge mistake. NWA liked to control their regional feed, Delta seems not to care...ie Comair. Delta wants the cheapest asa's they can get...ie GO-jets. Delta wants out of the 50 seat market...ie comair 50 seaters, 900's/700's and pinnacle's 900's all being used to further reduce 50 seaters...ie the new skywest deal.

I really do think it's simple. If pinnacle can get their costs down to compete with go-jets...as spanjers has said we need to then pinnacle stays...if not Comair guys beat you all to the jobs.

This is the silver ling for all the Comair folks - we're on the street ahead of the Pinnacle folks.

The people that got furloughed from Comair (at least the ones I keep in touch with) are doing better than those of us still there. Irony.

Pinnacle will be much smaller. It's possible they could get the new 76 seater that's allowed in the Delta's contract, but most of the 200's will be gone.

Pinnacle took a system that worked smoothly (little did we know how good we had it) and shut it down in favor of a system that is broken and is trying very hard to not be fixed. Take scheduling for example. I have been called on reserve to do an overnight only to get to the aircraft and find another crew who was wondering why their names were not on the release. After talking to them I found that the crew were line holders and the over night was smack in the middle of their 4 day trip which has been on their line all month. Instead of fixing it, they send that crew home while in base and sent us reserves on the flight. I also think they canceled flights that day because of lack of reserves. Talking to other pilots, this crap is going on all the time. Remember that one christmas a few years back when Pinnacle could not track their crews even though half of them were at home or in the hotel? Causing Mesaba to have huge delays because of all the 9E planes clogging the gates. Hey Delta, if you have three plates in front of you for a meal to serve and two contain ******************** and one is steak-chopping up the steak and mixing it with the ******************** will not make a good meal. It will just have ruined the steak.

The maintenance is another issue. I just know I will not compromise safety for these idiots. Give me a plane and a legal release with weather and I will get the flight out on time. I did a high speed two nights a go and when we got back to MSP there was 1 plane at the B concourse, as we were taxing in they changed out gate to, you guessed it-the only gate with a plane occupying the gate-making us late. Genius move dill weeds. we even called and asked. At some point one just gives up and lets this crap happen and not be proactive to stop it-but then again what can we do? Oh thats right, just leave. Oh and if they think they are canceling my vacation over fenced training they can kiss my ass

I think we will be lucky to get through he next few weeks at this rate. 42% on time today with 100+ cancellations yet again. The FAA is going to have a say in the quality of paperwork and maintenence real soon. I don't even understand how it has gotten this far. I had 5 legs with a busted apu, 4 with a broken lav, and one with e coli. There were 7-9 200's parked outside at the dtw hangar all day today. Something has to give. Please, everyone be safe.

The planes were at the hanger because they realized that many had flown over the required hull A.D. inspection. They realized the error and pulled them offline immediately. The FAA will investigate why we are flying our aircraft beyond the cracked hull inspection requirements. They cancelled many HighSpeeds on Friday and attempted to get all the crew to repo the planes to Oak City.....this place is falling apart at the seems.

This is the silver ling for all the Comair folks - we're on the street ahead of the Pinnacle folks.

The people that got furloughed from Comair (at least the ones I keep in touch with) are doing better than those of us still there. Irony.

About to be furloughed or not, everyone is looking for a job these days. The good news is that nearly all of the majors will be hiring soon and their reps are saying once it starts, it will continue unabated for a while. If you're at PCL and still have a lot of sick time or vacation, you're wrong.

Down to 41 CR9's in the next 24 months. Most 9E/9L FO's will be furloughed, the CA's will leave. The lifers and some FO's will stick around to the end, but eventually they will be disposed of like Comair. The XJ guys who think this will "be like the last CH11", or that we will be competitive with GoJet after CH11 with 8-18year captains and 5-10year FOs, are sadly mistaken.

Down to 41 CR9's in the next 24 months. Most 9E/9L FO's will be furloughed, the CA's will leave. The lifers and some FO's will stick around to the end, but eventually they will be disposed of like Comair. The XJ guys who think this will "be like the last CH11", or that we will be competitive with GoJet after CH11 with 8-18year captains and 5-10year FOs, are sadly mistaken.

But if you talk to the union about our senior pay scales, TW says you cannot expect a guy who has put in 20+ years in at a company to go back to wages he made when he was 30. But apparently you can expect guys who have put in 10-15 years to be thrown out on the street. Right? Or you can ask why ALPA can negotiate a contract that directly takes planes from an ALPA carrier and awards their own company for giving those planes to a NON ALPA company.

I guess its Majors mean more than regionals and Ultra senior captains mean more than everyone else.

I am glad Delta pilots made a point by requiring 35% of all new hires to be made by ALPA carriers-but what the language should have said "35% of all new hires should be from the ALPA carriers who lost the CRJ's from the direct reduction caused in this contract." I am all for the reduction of the CRJ's-but for gods sake.......

I'm shocked they put the 35% in. That is the same management that couldn't throw out the flow program fast enough.

I'm shocked they put the 35% in. That is the same management that couldn't throw out the flow program fast enough.

We'll see if they actually stick to it. I have my doubts.

Latest resources

Back