• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacles future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, how many of those Mesaba flowthroughs are going to change their minds and decide to flow up, now that 15-20 yrs seniority at the new Pinnacle is in jeopardy?

Barring a lack of mental capacity that should question their medical, all but the one already on medical leave. Though I belive a few don't qualify (not meeting minimum requirements, i.e. 4 year degree, ect.)

Oh and to answer the original Q. Somewhere < toilet water. No matter what happens this place will not be a place to bother working at. I'd venture to say anything above a full on scab outfit will be better than this place when it's all done.

So, how many of those Mesaba flowthroughs are going to change their minds and decide to flow up, now that 15-20 yrs seniority at the new Pinnacle is in jeopardy?

The remaining flowthroughs are all going to go-based on the new circumstances -the Delta pay rates and the fact Pinnacle is a crappy place to work. The ones who have already said no-cannot change their mind. They are stuck or go interview against a 29 year old with a aviation degree and 3500 hours. And we all know who it seems HR really likes now days.

ALPA is an utter failure as a labor union.
A union is only as strong as its membership, weak Nancys that are too busy to go to chapter meetings and show interest in their careers allow politicians(MEC) to determine their fate. The only failure here is the utter weakness of the membership.

The remaining flowthroughs are all going to go-based on the new circumstances -the Delta pay rates and the fact Pinnacle is a crappy place to work. The ones who have already said no-cannot change their mind. They are stuck or go interview against a 29 year old with a aviation degree and 3500 hours. And we all know who it seems HR really likes now days.
That topic again? One can easily flip that and say someone in your position is qualified for SWA and FDX while someone like me is not. And for what? If I had been hired at 9E even 1 year earlier, I'd be qualified for those two companies. Anyway, the point being, it goes both ways. You may think it sucks these companies are hiring based on some HR metrics, I think it sucks to eliminate a pilot for not having 1k TPIC, especially considering how this industry has been for the past 5 years.

Its called experience. The point is and always have been...get it and move on. With the HR tweeking things there will be a lot of people out there being left high and dry when those with LESS experience not hired. You missed my point and have not heard-even the likes of FedEx is posturing to leave anyone with greater than 7500 hours unhired. I had a spread sheet emailed to me from a FedEx pilot that outlined their "ideal" candidate. Guess what? Too much experience would leave you outside of their hiring program. Fair? I think not. So under that scenario, you might as well apply to FedEx with no PIC and think its fair that you got hired there before the guy with 10,000 hours of PIC. If that happens, I will gladly take your job at Virgin :) Don't get me wrong, I am happy for you getting hired. When I told you good luck and congrats I meant it. It does not mean I cannot be unhappy that I am still at Pinnacle!

Its called experience. The point is and always have been...get it and move on. With the HR tweeking things there will be a lot of people out there being left high and dry when those with LESS experience not hired. You missed my point and have not heard-even the likes of FedEx is posturing to leave anyone with greater than 7500 hours unhired. I had a spread sheet emailed to me from a FedEx pilot that outlined their "ideal" candidate. Guess what? Too much experience would leave you outside of their hiring program. Fair? I think not. So under that scenario, you might as well apply to FedEx with no PIC and think its fair that you got hired there before the guy with 10,000 hours of PIC. If that happens, I will gladly take your job at Virgin :) Don't get me wrong, I am happy for you getting hired. When I told you good luck and congrats I meant it. It does not mean I cannot be unhappy that I am still at Pinnacle!

Oh ok, I see what you mean. And I agree 100%. I, too, have heard about a hiring matrix in which people who are above a certain time threshold (like 7 or 8k total) are considered too die-hard in their habits and thought of as untrainable. I think that's BS. Obviously, the same circumstances I described above are also the reason why many CAs haven't been able to move on. For those who are trying but unable so far to get interviews, it isn't their fault they rack up more flight time in that meantime. I agree that these senior pilots should also get their fair shot at a major, regardless of their abundance of flight time.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. And I agree 100%. I, too, have heard about a hiring matrix in which people who are above a certain time threshold (like 7 or 8k total) are considered too die-hard in their habits and thought of as untrainable. I think that's BS. Obviously, the same circumstances I described above are also the reason why many CAs haven't been able to move on. For those who are trying but unable so far to get interviews, it isn't their fault they rack up more flight time in that meantime. I agree that these senior pilots should also get their fair shot at a major, regardless of their abundance of flight time.

That matrix is not new by any stretch,never is 100% and not true at all airlines.

I guess everyone should have gotten hired at 800hrs, then do < 5 yrs of regional flying...where was the line to sign up for that??

Latest resources

Back